Stupid Ion Questions 5: Blown submaster

Let's see if it's possible for me to figure out how Xen wants me to post pix...

... Nope. Xenforo simply wants me to already understand too much about how it works for me to figure out how to upload pix to attach to a message.

Lemme see if I can convince Dropbox to cooperate.

The pix are, theoretically, here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5nq6gjtdyguxz5p/AADrlsYj4YlOnzFTjNhN3dHPa?dl=0

In order: (with Flexi active) no fader, sub 23, sub 22, and 3 pix of sub 21, at full, half, and barely. The last 2 pix are sub 21 and sub 21's About; you can see the problem. :)

Try opening sub 21 up in blind and then redoing it there. Select Active might be a softkey on the Ion (can't remember) or you can always just press CTRL+a on your keyboard. That will select everything that is active/has a value in the sub. Once you've grabbed everything pres @ ENTER. That will set the values back to the background state (meaning the sub won't control them). After that, while still in blind, grab the channels you want to have in the sub and put them at the value you want them to be at. Once you press enter on this, the changes will automatically be saved to the sub.

Right now sub 21 is controlling channels 1 thru 1513 and 1656 as per the about screenshot you've posted.

I think that's what you are trying to do, or did I misunderstand?

It looks like what happened was that those moving lights had active data (i.e. were pointed somewhere, in a color, etc.) but were not on when the initial programmer was making the submaster.

So, they saw only the four lights they wanted on stage and typed [Record][2][1] in order to "capture" the look on stage to a submaster for later use. But they also recorded those non-intensity parameters.

Fixing in Blind like CrazyTechie says will get you back to where you want to be.

Ah, that might do it. Also, Goto Cue 0 will only affect intensity parameters whereas Goto Cue Out will also return NPs to their home/default state. So if you pan and tilt a moving light, going to 0 will only take out the intensity, but its position data will remain. Going to out will also release the position information, thus truly clearing the slate.

It's so much easier to use selective storing, [Record Only], and/or filters instead of forcing a reset using Goto Cue Out. Just be specific about what you want to record.

It's so much easier to use selective storing, [Record Only], and/or filters instead of forcing a reset using Goto Cue Out. Just be specific about what you want to record.

Well, it is if you know what the hell you're doing, and understand the board's internal data model well enough. And, WADR to ETC, both the internal data model *and* the UI to get to it are, politely, a hodge-podge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back