Technobeam Question

Hello,

I am interested in starting my own Dj service and am looking into buying lights. This is a gray area for me as I primarily deal with sound. I was looking into the technobeam and need to know if it is sound activated?

If it is not, is there a controller or something that will take sound and turn it into DMX signals?

If you guys have any suggestions on what I should buy, it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to stay away from cheap gear from american dj, etc. I have already looked at the Martin SCX series.

Trackspots. Lots of trackspots. The Technobeam is not sound activated, though I can not remember if the LCD controller for it has a mic in or not. Trackspots do have a mic, as well as some of the older martin mirrror gear from what I can recall. But really, the trackspot is the perfect club/DJ mirror fixture, and they are cheap right now. Last time I delt with them I had to open one up and beat on the circuit board to get it to work, but thats another issue.

trackspot, Electronics, technobeam items on eBay.com

If i remember correctly most of these Productgroup are sound activated as well.

I know you wanted to stay away from American DJ possible (which if you have the funds is a perfectly valid opinion in terms of instruments), but have you looked at the DMX Duo controller? It's a little rack-mount club-oriented DMX controller with a built-in sound trigger, though you could of course manually trigger your FX. 96 channels might be a little sparse, especially if you're looking at technobeams and such, but thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.

It might help us out to know the scale of your lighting project. Are you looking for a half-dozen instruments on portable stands, or a small/medium/large club setting, or somewhere in between?

The scale of the project is to design an quick portable system that can will be used to create a dance floor. I would like quality lighting that will last. I would like to buy at least 4 scanners, some type of laser, and maybe some effects lights like the martin wizard.

What would you guys recommend for a type of stand? I need it to be easy to set up and beak down.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Footer is right check out American DJ's website. Most of their stuff is meant to be easy up easy down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back