Theatre is hotbed for bullying

This does bring to mind a story I was told once from my old summer stock. Small truss is being loaded into the audience box seats. Two guys go to the landing above, lower it down with a rope, two guys below catch it and release the rope. The two guys up top are Crusty Old Stagehand and Fresh Faced Intern. Intern says, "Wow, this truss is really heavy, I don't think I'm comfortable lowering this by myself. I could really use a hand, Crusty." Crusty looks up from his chair and says, "Quit being such a *****! Get the sand out of your vagina and be a man!" Intern, being fresh faced and slightly afraid of Crusty, attempts to lower the truss by himself. Truss is, indeed heavy, and the rope flies through his hands. Truss goes crashing to the ground 30' below, taking out several rows of seats. Intern gets in trouble.

And that's how accidents happen.

And that's how accidents happen.

Also how young guys decide that the old hands are idiots and stop respecting them. Effectively in the story, the old guy caused the problem, you know he was on the next call tho, and the young guy (whos real fault was listening to the old dude in the first place) probably didnt get back on a call for ages.

the "WFBE" :) is probably more likely to be sexually harassaed by C) electricians who have been focusing all day and haven't seen anything.

Most accurate quote ever.

"A", on the other hand is questionable. Most actors I've seen go after the stage crew, non-discriminant of gender.

Delete DIGITAL DRAMA! Stomp out bullying!

ABC Family - Cyberbully - The Movie
proxy.php

Hey ! You should watch that , Derek. Maybe you'd stop being so mean to me ...........:cry:

...try to reform the Data Processors. I hear they are brutal if you missplace a semicolon.

Why yes. Yes we are. :angryoldman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back