Thoughts on a Maxxyz console

VL5

So I recently purchased a Maxxyz console (the older one) for a club that Im working at, i have heard many good things about this console, it is coming with the console, the wing, and two monitors with all there own cases. I don't know much about this console so if anyone has any info on it that would be great. It was previously used on a in house production and was just refurbished by martin. I have seen it on several large tours. The reason why i choose this console is because that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overkill for my club. The club is just opening so the whole building is not fully developed, meaning that maxxyz will be loaded one day, right now its running 20 movers and 35 LED Cans. The console is on its way now so i don't have it yet.

Any input about features and what to expect is great! thanks

In Bullet form cause I can't think of a better way

-If you are used to an ETC board it'll probably drive you a bit nuts for a while. I constantly look for buttons that exist on most ETC boards but alas it takes like 5 steps to do on a Maxxyz.
-It's a very user friendly, very visual board. Good for new board ops with little experience.
-You can do pretty much anything you want with the touch screens. On the other hand there are a lot of things that you can't do from the command line (this drives me crazy).
-Preview doesn't work, it's a lie. Don't wait until during the show to find that out.
-Be weary of the built in effects, they are very useful, but the way they track can make lights do crazy things at hard to explainable times.
-Keep at least on monitor set up. The normal displays don't communicate cue info very well and it's really easy to get yourself in a mess with embedded references.
-Use the presets, they are great. They way they are displayed when you're creating on the fly it can take you only minutes to make a great look if you have you presets made well.

If you have any specific questions once you get your console post them here or send me a message I'll be glad to help.

I refuse to believe you've heard good things about the maxxyz from anyone, m1 sure, maxxxyyzyyzyzyz no way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back