Trackspot not lamping on. Any ideas?

JFR

Hello ControlBooth! I'm fairly new to this company and I'm making my first go at fixing a Trackspot that supposedly hasn't worked since....err....2007?

Here is what I know:
I have been told the unit doesn't lamp on. This is correct, as I have run a self test cycle and all other attributes function properly.
The lamp is good and the correct type.
The personality dip switches are correct.
I have an identical unit that lamps on during the test sequence so I know what should be but is not happening.
All fuses are good.
The circuit board is clean and in good condition, that is to say there is nothing obviously broken, burned, or missing and it doesn't seem to have had liquids spilled on it.
The last inspection of the unit is dated 1996.

Here is what I don't know:
Why it will not lamp on.

I don't have much experience with these units, in fact my only experience has been hanging and addressing the one that does work. I'm working on reading the manual cover to cover and searching through the CB boards.

Thought one of you with more experience might now the solution. Thanks for all the help and Happy Leap Day.

Trackspots do not have lamp relays, those are most common in studio beams and spots. Trackspots run off of a incandescent quartz lamp. They also do not contain any type of safety shut off except for the thermal sensor.

For anyone who in interested I spoke with a rep at High End and we walked me through some tests. Here is what I did to trouble shoot.

First I swapped lamps. That wasn't it.
Then I swapped lamp bases. That wasn't it.
Then I swapped PCBs. That was it.

He told me that after swapping the PCBs if it still didn't lamp on, that was the problem. If it did lamp on then there was a problem with the transformer. Did not lamp on. Looks like I have a Trackspot of spare parts (minus a working PCB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back