The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Trackspot?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by JahJahwarrior, Oct 14, 2007.

1. JahJahwarrior

JahJahwarrior Active Member

Been a while since I've posted here! Came across a Craigslist ad this morning for a Trackspot for $100. Seems like a steal, as I think these sell for much mor eusually. But, I don't know if there are different models of trackspot or any way to gauge the age or value of the fixture. Does anyone here know more than I do?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/448892551.html

Craigslist Ad Link

2. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stageline Operator/Staging Supervisor
    If it works, it's a great deal.

3. Pie4Weebl

Pie4Weebl Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

nab it quick before someone else does!

4. JahJahwarrior

JahJahwarrior Active Member

Well, I'm not really involved in theatre much anymore here at college....he's got a cheaper Chauvet unit...it'd be going into my dorm room :) Still, if he'll respond to my email and still has both, I might get the Trackspot. I could loan it to my buddy that staid in town to teach the tech class that I used to.

Only thing is, he'll need a way to run the DMX stuff. In my dorm I'd use in in some "auto" mode or something.

Anyways, I've seen new Trackspots selling for about a grand, and used ones for several hundred.....so it does seem like a good deal. Maybe he doesn't know what he has?

Edit: it's a lady, and a night club owner gave her three Trackspots and three Chauvet Omega I's for a debt he owed her. She has three of each.

5. muvment

muvment Active Member

A lot of really cheap equipment has been coming out of Katrina. Open the device and make sure that it isn't filled w/ mud.

6. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

As for control, I recently purchased an "Optima" brand "MonsterDMX" from BulbAmerica for $87 (+shipping). It is supposed to be able to control 16 fixtures of 16 channels each. It's a DJ controller, and I bought it to run my LED PARcan. I haven't yet sat down to program it, but the User Manual seems straight forward.

My DMX tester cost around $300, but it won't auto-cycle through scenes. How wrong can you go for $87? My pocket console was $350, and would have to have an odd patch to run a Trackspot. Again, one scene only.

Hope this helps.

7. PhantomD

PhantomD

There were different revisions of the Trackspot, from what I was told when I hired some a while back and enquired about a few differences I noticed between fixtures.

They all work equally well though so just buy it if you can - it's a great basic moving mirror.