Trouper Hello from So Oregon!

Carbon

Hi! Newbie here. Pretty much retired from the pro lighting scene a decade ago, but still volunteer or get paid for services from time to time. Enjoyed the 2009 thread on Strong Troupers which brings up the reason I'm here. I have 3 of them, 2 in very good and 1 in good condition. All are operational. Alas, it is time to find them a new home. I got my rental $ from them a long time ago and just wish to pass them along to a good home rather than the scrap them for $100 for steel and copper.
There used to be xenon retrofits available, and if someone is handy I'm sure you can figure out the optics and lamp holder. The best thing I like about these lights in addition to the color temp of the carbon arc, is the weight of the lamp house and base making it the smoothest operating small follow spot I've used. It's got the big light feel and stability. Not bad for one person to move around in a pick up truck. Roll the light to the truck on it's base, set the boomerang on the bed and lift and slide the tail straight in. Then tip the yoke in and lift and slide the base ballast in. Got room for two without stacking in a standard bed. 1/2 box of trims included.

Strong Troupers.jpgTrouper plate.jpg

Good Looks!
Carbon

Welcome to CB! We had a thread about this a few weeks ago. You are going to have a difficult time getting rid of them I think. Nobody runs arcs anymore. And, they are expensive to ship even if you found someone who wanted to do the conversion. Use the search function. There are threads that list websites like Solaris Network and others you might try listing on. If it were me, I would just scrap them if I could not get rid of them locally.

I hope you enjoy your time here on Control Booth!

~Dave

Thanks for the welcome! A guy from So Carolina I think saw them listed last year and had to have them until the shipping kicked in! I've contacted all the lighting companies in the state. Come to think, there's an old theatre being renovated. Maybe I can donate them as mezzanine eye candy ;).

Now let's see, some type of LED modification seems in order here.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back