Valance and Act Curtains?

carsonld

Our school is particiapating in a One Act competition and we just got the technical aspects of the facility. There were a couple things that they had that I do not know what they are, One being the "Line Set" It says it has a line set of 18, But there are 40 battens. Second is it say it has 1 Valance, and 1 Concert/Act Scrim(Black). I am honestly very confused and was hoping someone could help!

Our school is particiapating in a One Act competition and we just got the technical aspects of the facility. There were a couple things that they had that I do not know what they are, One being the "Line Set" It says it has a line set of 18, But there are 40 battens. Second is it say it has 1 Valance, and 1 Concert/Act Scrim(Black). I am honestly very confused and was hoping someone could help!

When going into another space it's always best to call and talk to someone at the facility about what's really available, what your needs are, are there any special things you need to take into consideration, etc. The tech packet just gives you a starting point to go on and help you figure out what questions you need answers to. I would guess that they have 18 available linesets, the rest are probably used for house soft goods, electrics, screens, etc. Valance is another name for a border, it might be a grand valance that stays in place, or it might mean they have an extra one that isn't normally flown but could be hung somewhere if you needed it. The same may be true for the scrim. If they didn't send you a lineset schedule you should request one as that could help answer your questions, and help you better figure out spacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back