Vectorworks 2010 Problem

Shawncfer

So Im having a little problem with my vector works. When I go to my resources window, I cant find the library of ETC lights, or any other lights for that matter. On resources window I click the files drop down and then click 'Add new favorite files'. Then I click libraries - defaults - lighting symbols... Then the only file there is 'Instrument Symbols'. I cant find the ETC file! This is my first time using it so I haven't had it before and then lost it.

Im currently a Lighting Designer at SUNY Purchase and everywhere I've worked I've had to use Vectorworks. We're also taking a class currently studying quick Vectorworks tricks. What you should do is set up a 'Start File' with symbols and a title block /border in it and when you need to start a new drawing, just open the start file with all of your symbols and the first thing is, resave it as the show you're currently working on. All professionals that I've talked to in the industry that draft hate the Vectorworks symbols of lights, so if you need good symbols, even basic ones, I could send you some and you could use that.

Let me know,
Derek
[email protected]

All professionals that I've talked to in the industry that draft hate the Vectorworks symbols of lights, so if you need good symbols, even basic ones, I could send you some and you could use that.

FWIW, a lot of LDs - even those of us who create our own Symbols - use SoftSymbols . Pretty complete and, arguably, the best-drawn commercially-available Vectorworks lighting Symbol set available.

So Im having a little problem with my vector works. When I go to my resources window, I cant find the library of ETC lights, or any other lights for that matter.

Do you have a "\Libraries\Objects-Entertainment" folder? If so look there. That's the folder holding those Symbols on my machines.

I said in my first reply not to use the symbols that come with Vectorworks, because everyone agrees that they suck. Soft Symbols are another thing entirely. If you purchased those, then great, but I'm talking about the ones with the barrel degree written in them. I know a lot of people like to redraw their own too, another great way to do it. If you want to take the time to redraw them, then thats great, but I guarantee someone has them and if we're all supporting each other, like we're supposed to, then we should share.

Best,
D

nope! dont have that folder. I have libraries, then: default, favorites, and hatches and thats it

Did you download or get the DVD?

If you dowloaded, did you download the large or small file? If I remember correctly, the difference was the smal download didn't include the libraries and the large did.

If I am correct, and you downloaded the large file perhaps you should reinstall it and make sure you take your time with the install GUI, making sure that you checked to install the libraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back