Vectorworks issue

shiben

So for some reason I can not get VW to display instrument information (color, unit number, channel). I cant figure out why this is happening, and have looked through all the menus that i can think of. I am running VW 2009 for OSX. Also, if anyone knows where to get I-Cue symbols without paying, let me know. Or if they are in the program, I just cant find them either.

I'm about to start First Dress so this will be quick: I'm assuming since you were able to type in the data, you used the instrument insertion tool to place them on your plot which is good.

Did you create a label legend? If not, do so by going to Label Legend Manager.

Click on what info you want displayed and then make sure you place an instrument symbol (by using the symbol insertion tool, not the instrument insertion tool)

Since there wasn't a label legend assigned, you need to type in what legend you want to use into each instrument.

Quickest way is to deselect everything and do a Find and Modify. From there it should read something along the lines of Instrument Status whose Selected Status equals False. Make the drop down boxes read that. Then one of the options should allow you to change the: Label Legend to ______

This is all going off of memory so the wording might be a bit different but hope that helps!

sound to me like you instruments are not lighting devices if there not convert them and you should be good to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back