What do you hate about your light board?

Does anyone know when using a ETC RFR with a Ion if you can call up channels from the remote? We don't think it is possible, but that would seem like a very limiting factor on ETC's part. Any help would be super!

i occasionally work on an ETC Express 72/144 where someone decided it was a good idea to hit the trackpad with something heavy. now, even doing something simple like capturing channels, it just bounces to the intensity. i'm pretty sure the sensor is broken and it activates with just the slightest air pressure difference. it is one of the most annoying things when trying to cue a show, other than the ion not having a release button or a clear fader button...

It's a little more difficult to do that ;)

When I'm programming an ETC Express/ion and I need a full blackout cue, I just hit the clear button above the faders (takes the console out of cue) and then record that as the next cue. Works for me and it's easy.
I don't think DBO being activated and then recording a cue would record the cue as a blackout. It would simply record the cue as what 'would' be up on stage. I believe this is correct... Someone correct me if it isn't. More along those lines -- does the level of the GM get written into a cue? I would think that if you brought everything to full, took the GM to 88% and recorded it as a cue, then ran the cue with the GM at 100%, the lights would be at 100%, not 88%.
That would REALLY make my life easier for when the director or lighting designer says "Ok, I want the next cue to look exactly like the last cue, only about half as bright."

I've done this on an older ETC board - a microvision FX - the GM slider influences levels recorded to a cue, I haven't tried on my express 48/96 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back