What is it #3064: Dimmer test rig

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
Ripped off of one of my friend's facebook wall, she finally took a picture of it....
proxy.php

So, what is it? Where is it located? What is it for? Who owns it?

As usual, professionals wait one week until posting.

Last edited:
I used to use one kinda like that!

Dummy loads? But for what I'm not sure, don't think people still use dimmer plates.

Some sort of ghost load array?

EDIT: I hate my school's slooooooooowwwwwww Internet. There was only one reply when I started trying to post that.

I'll tell you what it is....its AWESOME thats what it is.

There are so many clues in the photo I'm surprised someone hasn't been able to piece it together...

I've seen pictures of a dimmer tester like this at ETC, but this one looks older than theirs.

As others have said, ETC has setups like these at their test benches and what not. However, this is several times larger than the ones I have seen. If it's not a dimmer or DMX output tester at ETC (or somewhere else, who knows) I'd guess some sort of ghost load, though that still seems like a lot of circuits.

I just like the "Fix Me" Label in the corner.

Tells you what channels are live (on).

They couldn't afford a real scoreboard?

It's a Bingo scoreboard!

N-47....B-I-N-G-O

Based on the numbered bulb envelopes and what looks like multicable coming off the top, I'd say it is used to test dimmer racks. If the channel is good, the bulb illuminates.

Yup, thats it. Next question... how many dimmer racks can it test at once? And again, who owns it/where is this thing?

I would venture to say that since there appears to be four sections of lights that you could test four racks on it at the same time.

I think I know, but i'll wait, and the last time I have seen something like this was in jersey, and ## years ago...OOhhh the have the years gone by...

Sean...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back