Where to get lens parts for my light project?

Siomnle

I'm currently working on a project where I'm making a diy spotlight.
I have all the necessary elements i need except the lens.
I'm having a hard time finding lenses that have the right diameter and focal length on the web.
Does anybody know a website or a place where i could find specific lens types? / tried ebay.. doesnt work..lol
Just looking for lenses like these (see below)
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• RJ (1).png
    RJ (1).png
    413.5 KB · Views: 318
  • RJ (2).png
    RJ (2).png
    300.5 KB · Views: 343
  • RJ (3).png
    RJ (3).png
    289.7 KB · Views: 332
Specify the focul length and size you want first. Kopp is certainly the best but a one off lens probably won't be cheap.

If smilar to something on the market, I have certainly ground down the O.D. of lenses on a belt sander with special paper to a specific size before. But that's for a Leko that has a lot of range in being accurate or not, and not a follow spot. Are you having problems in finding lenses for your (I forget its term at the moment... starts with a D" I think) inner lens train package, or the other more common other lenses?

In any case, given you are making this light from scratch, can you change the design otherwise to specify and use other known lenses that you can get? A followspot is certainly more refined than a Leko, but it's also just a refined leko in many ways.

For that "D"... something optical package, it's normally very expensive but not exclusive to follow spots in the use of the inner lens train. Scenic projectors also use them as another source for what you need and might work.

If you want lenses that are the same as those in your Robert Juliat fixture, you could order those exact lenses from RJ (or your local RJ dealer). They sell all their parts so you can repair fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back