Who gave me this?

icewolf08

Controls Integrator
CB Mods
Seriously, who gave me this:
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

It was dropped off at the tech table by a person that my assistant didn't recognize. Apparently someone thinks that I am the lighting shaman or something. I wonder if I shake it at lights that are not behaving if it will make them work? Any ideas?

Wow! That's special. What is the core made out of - kind of looks like some form of meat.

You should be honored and instead of magically fixing stuff with a wave of it, use it for inducing "coin of the relm's." You know, them questions asked that if asked and they think for a moment about the question, they already know the answer to, they just didn't want to think. That or transgressions of SOP they know better about. Light tap to the head in re-organizing the thought process. Perhaps instead of rap to the head, tap to the shinn in getting them moving in a way only an "old man of the theater" could pull off in the best over acting spirit.

Hang it off the wall, well done and I could only wish my idiots loved me that much though they did give me an interersting poster for X-Mass and re-adjust my chair for me. Once in a while I get a "special present" on my desk to wonder about but overall nothing like a magical staff.

Best I ever gave was a departing gift to a beloved Shop Manager going off to Hollywood so as to follow his acting dream. Really weird to see my former boss on TV yelling at in calling stupid (more like his pattented "idiots" quote as said during the movie,) some middle ages citizens not willing to say.. take on the dragon in a voice tone and word age as he used to yell at us in for doing something stupid. Could just feel him yelling at me again... inspiring and felt like olden times. Really strange to both know the guy and see the character he portrayed on TV.

Ok, an actor with wife and kids doing a huge career jump/move. No way around providing for him the “special” condoms or the pink foam fiber optic Maglight lit phallic symbol made special for him. This or the pink decorated with fuzzies knee pads.

He did get some good acting gigs over the years, but also used when otherwise building sets the DeWalt tool kit, bits, holster etc. we also gave him in addition to the fun stuff. We done him good in stocking him up for the move. Talking about quality goods like Klien quick release socket holder, Apex magnetic/locking bit holder etc. in addition to the top of the line with everything power tool kit.

Good guy in the industry... at times one shows respect by way of decorated cane, and or if leaving, one digs deep in both helping their future and having fun with them.

To those faced with similar people, dig deep and think hard how best to honor them because payback is fair game or what they taught you is what makes you, and or a large contribution effort for what’s given adds up when enough people add to it in helping them in the future as they helped you in the past. This all in addition to meaning a lot by effort and presents to those such is given to. An industry that don’t give out much recognition, needs the co-workers to take care of each other.

Last edited:
I'll post one of those surprises I got back in High School. Someone took an old edison connector and jammed about 30 different types of cables in it, including test leads.

Hang it on the wall, take it to the tech table, and beat on slow 'tricians with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back