WTB: Strip/Border Lights (Dallas area)

Les

If anyone in the Dallas area has or knows of any one who has some old strip lights that they are willing to part with, let me know!

I am interested in:
Altman R40
Altman 520 or 528 (reflector strips)
...or anything similar!

Edit: I would LOVE to get a hold of these guys, but there is no direct contact information or even street address! Their "request more info" form isn't working for me. Any ideas?

http://www.estatesalvage.com/photo23.html

Last edited:
Les;202703 Edit: I would LOVE to get a hold of these guys said:
address[/autolink]! Their "request more info" form isn't working for me. Any ideas?

Page Title

Forget about it unless you are looking for a museum piece or a source for copper. Those things are heavy as hell and are freakishly long, usually in the 10' to 20' range. Totally impracticable for modern use.

Preferably in the 24' range (would prefer 6-8' sections, echoing what footer said) but negotiations could always be made.

Pretty much, I'll take what I can afford/fit in the truck (whichever comes first!)

I have a 1000Q in final restoration stages if you want to barter some... It has no stand, but I could throw in a new Luminator stand which may or may not work. Of course, I'm still willing to discuss cash payment.

Let me talk to some people, no promises though. Best case scenario I can get you 2-4 by ~8' all in poor to fair condition. They need asbestos abatement but I probably would do that for you. They would come with roundels in various conditions.

Let me talk to some people, no promises though. Best case scenario I can get you 2-4 by ~8' all in poor to fair condition. They need asbestos abatement but I probably would do that for you. They would come with roundels in various conditions.

I could go for that. I'm always up for a project! Thanks for checking around!

Nope they weren't interested in selling something about nostalgia, though they are sitting in a loft and haven't been touched for like the last 8 years. Hmm, artists, they don't know anything about business.

Ahhh, well thanks for trying! They will probably sit up there for another 8 years before getting tossed. Seems to be the way it works, unfortunately!

I know someone here in NY who has 8 R-40s. I bought 2 from him so he should still have the 6 left. Shipping I think is like 75 initial than 15 per fixture and you could buy them for 45 each.

I know someone here in NY who has 8 R-40s. I bought 2 from him so he should still have the 6 left. Shipping I think is like 75 initial than 15 per fixture and you could buy them for 45 each.

If I could get the shipping for that price that'd be great! Unfortunately, I'm in Texas so it may be higher for me. Still though, I'd like his contact info if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me. Thanks!

Les,

I have 4 altman 520 6' 3 circuit strip lights I would be willing to sell. I am in Dallas so you can pick them up. They are in used but working condition. They need a little TLC. How much would you offer?

Les,

I have 4 altman 520 6' 3 circuit strip lights I would be willing to sell. I am in Dallas so you can pick them up. They are in used but working condition. They need a little TLC. How much would you offer?

THANKS!!! PM sent.

If that doesn't work out, check with the directors at Boswell HS. They're getting a complete remodel and I think they pulled some strips before demolition started.

Funny you mention this, I'm actually "seeing" Jenna (asst. choir director) at Boswell right now! Nothing's official yet, so mum's the word other than "hey, I know your friend, he is VERY nice, talented, etc" ;) .

I'll get with her and see who I can contact. Thanks!!

Funny you mention this, I'm actually "seeing" Jenna (asst. choir director) at Boswell right now! Nothing's official yet, so mum's the word other than "hey, I know your friend, he is VERY nice, talented, etc" ;) .

I'll get with her and see who I can contact. Thanks!!
They're coming over Friday to rehearse. I'll ask.

Thanks! For the record, I'll take anything they're willing to part with ;) .

I recently acquired a bunch-o-strips for free from an old high school that was being torn down, so all is well. Thanks for your legwork Tex, and everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back