2 Circuits (outlets) per Dimmer

The Altman Phoenix can be ordered with an HPL socket so I assume dimmer doubling could be used with it as well.
The control console does not have to be an ETC product either, although ETC's software might make dealing with the addressing a bit easier. So the only real requirements are Sensor dimmers, the dimmer doubler, the proper connectors, and the 77v lamps.

I wonder if the Altman HPL socket's mounting plate has the appropriate holes for 750HPL or 77v "locator pins"? Didn't we have this discussion already?

EDIT: Yes, we did, here. Sadly, the poster never answered the question, and no longer represents Altman.

Last edited:
Service is dependent on load, not dimmer capacity. Service would limit number of lights on full equivalency, whether on 36 or 360 dimmers.

I can't recall the exact configuration of the socket on the dozen or so Phoenix units I lamped about a year ago. The HPL750 locator pin just kind of hung on the outside. I do recall it took a tremendous amount of force to seat the lamp. Not able to get back to the theatre that has them right away to get a photo of the socket.

Last edited:
Raise your hand if you've got one of those giant aprons with no lighting positions above it! How about a 12' ceiling? Eight dimmers FOH
Aye. The space I manage (high school cafetorium) is a challenge, but with a few dimmer packs and good judgment, it is quite workable provided there is time to reconfigure for events with special needs.
EDIT: Keeping the main rag open is a very good idea in such spaces.

OP, you are very well off. 3 spare FOH circuits is more than enough in my experience. Some venues I know just refocus the wash if they need a lot of specials. Additionally, you might replace a 2 color warm/cool frontlight system with an R51 front wash. When run at a low level, they redshift to a warm color. When run hot, they become cool. This frees up half the circuits used for frontlighting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back