7" Wybron Forerunner

Hello All!

I am designing a show where I have plotted the use of PAR 64's w/ 7" Wybron Forerunners attached. The Master Electrician has concerns that this will cut down considerably on the beam width available. This model has a plate attachment for use w/ the PAR 64, so I had not been concerned w/ this point. Does anyone have experience using the 7" Wybron Forerunner attached to the PAR 64 that would be willing to share their experience (positive or negative)?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Michael

Michael—

The 7" Forerunner was designed specifically for the PAR64, so any loss of beam width should theoretically be minimal or even negligible, especially with a 20' or 30' throw.

But if anyone else has had experience with this, I'd love to hear it! And feel free to let me know if you've got any other questions. Thanks!

Aaron
[email protected]

You're kidding right!
Sorry to be sarcastic, I agree with Aaron , it’s so negligible it’s not even a concern.
The way I see it if your ME is that concerned with it on a PAR64 , maybe it’s the wrong instrument for the job and he should let you design the show the way you see fit. That’s why there are Designers and Electricians, humm interesting how that works. Go tell him to run some 4/0 to a fixture circuit on the FOH electric. Just my 2 cents. If they are Glossy black compared to Flat black they’ll fun faster too!!! Yeah I’ve had a rotten day, sorry all, sometimes silly **** sends me over the edge and this is therapy :). I Don’t think you’ll have any problems, Especially on a PAR64 :rolleyes: . We have a number of these units with multiple brackets and we never had any issues, and I’ve worked with some pretty picky designers over the years. BTW, for the record, they never miss a beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with the Master Electrician. I too, would question whether an aperture of 6.75" would affect the beam of an 8" diameter lamp, especially if a WFL.

Now once someone I respect, or a Wybron employee (not that the two can't be mutually exclusive ;)), tells me it won't be a problem, I'd believe them, until actual experience proves differently.

I have to agree with the Master Electrician. I too, would question whether an aperture of 6.75" would affect the beam of an 8" diameter lamp, especially if a WFL.

Now once someone I respect, or a Wybron employee (not that the two can't be mutually exclusive ;)), tells me it won't be a problem, I'd believe them, until actual experience proves differently.
I believe that this was his specific concern. It makes sense, but I have a difficult time believing that Wybron would manufacture and market a product that would have a serious negative impact.

Anyone else have any experience with this situation?

Thanks for the input so far all!

I have never used the scroller in question, but how difficult would it be for you to grab a PAR 64, bring it into your office or the hall or wherever, plug it into the wall, take a look at the beam. Pop the scroller on, and see if its different? I guess my 1/2 cent is just go try it, see if it works, and if you like it roll with it? Maybe that is not feasible for some reason, I dont know, but thats what i would try and do.

I have never used the scroller in question, but how difficult would it be for you to grab a PAR 64, bring it into your office or the hall or wherever, plug it into the wall, take a look at the beam. Pop the scroller on, and see if its different? I guess my 1/2 cent is just go try it, see if it works, and if you like it roll with it? Maybe that is not feasible for some reason, I dont know, but thats what i would try and do.
That is a perfectly reasonable suggestion. The issue that we are faced with is that the theatre does not own the mountaing plate that will allow it to attach to the PAR 64. While they are not inexpensive individually, when you get into quantity purchasing, that is where the issue comes in.

On top of those issues, I am out of town and cannot see for myself (although I certainly trust the ME), the units are currently in use for another production (both PARs and scrollers), and the changeover will not occur until two days prior to the focus (when I arrive).

Excuses, excuses, I know...
Thanks for the idea though! It would be great if we could make it happen!

Hey
I'm Wybrons Technical Support Analyst. On your Forerunner question. Which lamp are you using ? and how is the fixture configured on your rig? This should not be an issue considering the fixture your wanting to use. But if you have questions feel free to call me here at Wybron and we can go over details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back