Automated Fixtures Anyone deal with SmartMAC's?

BamBam

Hi,

I'm running 24 smartMACs in a nighclub and 6 of them have persistent color and shutter registration problems. Anyone have any experience with these things?

Had a pair of them up at school that had the same problem, never got around to calling Martin Tech support, let me know if you figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

I have had an issue with the smart mac getting confused when I would reset the fixture, and restart the lamp at about the same time. When this happened, the fixture would just stop responding to any input and it needed to be power cycled.

Can you be a bit more precise as to what you are seeing - especially as the smart mac does not have any shutters to register ( or do you mean the dimmer/douser ). and it's colors are really a gobo wheel what just happens to have a filter in it.

After the units run an effect that involves spinning the colorwheel, they will not return to the proper color, so I call for blue and get pink (for example) and that error is consistent through all 8 colors.

The shutter (OK, dowser) error is it not closing all the way when I call for the fixture to go "out"

I haven't had an issue with the lamp going off.

I'm running an ION

This is a common problem if your Smart Macs have older firmware. The latest firmware fixes issues with the color and gobo wheels, among other things.
The update can be done without sending the fixtures away. You do need a Martin Universal USB DMX interface which your dealer should be able to provide to you on loan. All the software is available on Martins website.

All of the fixtures in question had their firmware updated (I was told) by the Martin Office in Los Angeles within the past 2 weeks. They are also less than 4 moinths old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back