Wireless Best way to Carrying multiple Microphones packs.

Briguy90

I am regularly an A2, and looking for a belt or bag that would be the best to carry a mic pack and head rig. I want something that will help keep from tangling while keeping them organized. Currently I am trying to find a belt of some kind that will assistant me in holding:mrgreen: multiple mic packs. I would like to use this thread to discuss options, for big and small systems.

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. Are you talking about carrying mics TO a gig, or AT a gig?
If TO, roadcase, soft duffle bag, rack drawer under the receivers, etc.
If AT, set yourself up backstage at RF world and make the performers come to you to be miked up. I've seen shows use lots of disposable aluminum bread pans, one for each mic. If you must carry mics around, to the dressing room for example, a shoe storage bag might be the best.
Radio_mics.JPG

Give us more information, and we can supply better solutions.
See also the thread http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/sound-music-intercom/7428-wireless-mic-storage.html .

I try to avoid shoe storage bags because they tangle my cables and make a mess when pulling everything out. For the show I am currently doing I have four packs that I need to carry from the dressing room to the front of house waking in front of audience members. I work on many shows thati have to carry mic packs from the dressing room to a work area for testing perpuses. So it needs to be neat and efficient. I am looking for a bag or belt that will help me with this task. As of now I am using my pockets and neck to carry them, but the cables like to get tangled around each other. So basically I am asking for an efficient work bag or belt that will help me carry the microphones a significant distance easily.

Also I would like to note most solutions people give solve the mic pack problem but what I fell needs to be solved is a better solution for carrying head rigs along with the packs.

I think this is going down a great path. What i am thinking is a belt with some kind of clip for the head rig and the cable over each pouch. But all these ideas are getting there, but i want to be able to carry multiple with one object because I can just use a mic belt to carry a single pack or my pockets. So I need something that holds many packs with a place to put the head rig.

If I have to carry head-rigged mics I just keep them in the plastic boxes that come with the DPA halos. It holds the mic, and has room for a mic pack if they are slim enough. It keeps the halo from getting tangled in the cable.

If I have more than a halo or two, I use a shoe tree. I find if you store them correctly, they never tangle on you when pulling them out. A nice wrap of the cable, and then I secure the cable with hair clips.

Let's see, ......... as a rigger and person whose last sound gig involved reel to reel and leader tape, I'd recommend a big Truck! :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back