Camera recommendations for shooting projection footage

Ettie Pin

Hi all,
I am looking to purchase a camera that I can use for shooting footage and stills for my video designs. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks!

What kind of content are you driving? If you want something that does macro close-ups, that's quite different than if you do a lot of outdoor nature at a distance, which is different than if you're shooting architecture.

What kind of content are you driving? If you want something that does macro close-ups, that's quite different than if you do a lot of outdoor nature at a distance, which is different than if you're shooting architecture.
I am looking for something versatile. I'm not particularly interested in point and shoot, because I would like the option of changing lenses based on circumstance. The key I think is vesatility and it being relatively small and accessible.

You might want to take a look at the Sony E Mount cameras. All the flexibility an performance of a DSLR, but not the size of one. You didn't say your budget, but they have a range in the series depending on how much cash you wish to part with, and whether you want a full or crop sensor.

You might want to take a look at the Sony E Mount cameras. All the flexibility an performance of a DSLR, but not the size of one. You didn't say your budget, but they have a range in the series depending on how much cash you wish to part with, and whether you want a full or crop sensor.
My budget is around $1000, I will take a look at the line!

]Nikon D series, then pick whats in your budget.
I just gave my little sister my 10 year old D40 that was fine (after several +6' falls, and way more water than it should have been in over its life) for her use in HS photo, and replaced it with a 20 someodd MP D5300 (bigger than matters unless i decide i want a billboard of a knat) for our honeymoon this last spring. Needed something a bit better if I was going to chase my hero Ansel Adams!

While the newer cameras on the market are nice and small, a DSLR gives you the option of doing anything. And cheaply. There is such an abundance of used glass floating around, that you can get some really really awesome lenses that were once obnoxious for pennies on the dollar if your willing to give up some of the auto features that are dumb anyways. The kit lenses are pretty good though. Get yourself a nice Nikkor long tele and short tele with AF/VR and you can do anything you would ever want to do as a casual photographer.

Some people swear by the Cannon stuff, but man have I see some epic catastrophic failures of them. :wall:

But since no one asked, here's a couple shots from the new camera!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back