Chamsys visualizer fixtures

dwthomas

I've tried reading the manual and searching to find out if this is possible to do in visualizer as I mainly work with a lot of conventionals in a theatrical environment. As with standard patching I often have multiple fixtures on each dimmer channel is there a way to set up the visualizer to have the multiple fixtures for each channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried reading the manual and searching to find out if this is possible to do in visualizer as I mainly work with a lot of conventionals in a theatrical environment. As with standard patching I often have multiple fixtures on each dimmer channel is there a way to set up the visualizer to have the multiple fixtures for each channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is indeed, make sure you have our latest stable 1.6.1.3 installed. Then in MagicQ if you go to: Patch > View Vis > Vis Heads. You can then use 'insert' to insert heads into the vis only without adding them to your console patch. Once you've inserted some heads you'll need to set them to the same head number you want them to copy from your Patch.

Was just about to ask the same question. Has anybody played with MagicHD yet? I've got a projection I'm thinking about using in a show this month. I'm still somewhat new to the whole ChamSys line, but I have never fallen in love so fast. It helps that one of my best friends is the area dealer for their products. But when asking him if I should buy some equipment, he's biased as he gets a commission. He's trying to talk me into upgrading from the one universe dongle to the new 5 universe stadium console. ($20,000)

It helps that one of my best friends is the area dealer for their products. But when asking him if I should buy some equipment, he's biased as he gets a commission. He's trying to talk me into upgrading from the one universe dongle to the new 5 universe stadium console. ($20,000)

My grandfather had a great friend who was a Ford dealer. He always made sure he was driving the newest crown vic. Nice guy. Always made sure to get him the best loan possible and he always managed to get him a new car right before he had the one he had paid off. Nice guy.

..... Never take advice blindly from a dealer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I told him I'd be happy to demo one and write a review for him! I can imagine absolutely no point at any of my theaters when I would need 5 universes. One group I work for just got the dongle for one universe. Prior to that, they were operating 12 channels.... yes. That's right! TWELVE CHANNELS!!

I told him I'd be happy to demo one and write a review for him! I can imagine absolutely no point at any of my theaters when I would need 5 universes. One group I work for just got the dongle for one universe. Prior to that, they were operating 12 channels.... yes. That's right! TWELVE CHANNELS!!

If you need 5 universes you can do that for under 5 grand. Hell, buy a few Artnet nodes and you can do it really cheap. I used to run two universe with shownet and never had an issue. Now, if you need handles that is another thing all together... For 1800 bucks you can buy an Enttec Datagate and run 8 universes of artnet on the demo version on chamsys.

If the problem is that losing link makes it dump config or something, put a switch in between. If it's just that you lose control at important points, maybe a USB ethernet adapter is a faster solution? Should be a shelf item at *some* place convenient...

Was just about to ask the same question. Has anybody played with MagicHD yet? I've got a projection I'm thinking about using in a show this month. I'm still somewhat new to the whole ChamSys line, but I have never fallen in love so fast. It helps that one of my best friends is the area dealer for their products. But when asking him if I should buy some equipment, he's biased as he gets a commission. He's trying to talk me into upgrading from the one universe dongle to the new 5 universe stadium console. ($20,000)

Not sure who your dealer is, but just to clarify ChamSys have only one Stadium console which is our top end console controlling up to 500 universes for Pixel mapping.
In fact we don't have any 5 universe console's.

We have an MQ40 Compact console which has 4 direct DMX outputs and is a 4 universe console (list price on this is much much less than a stadium console, you'd even have change from $5000 on the MQ40 price).
Up from this we have the MQ60 Compact console, which is our 12 universe console.

Further details on our console's can be found here.

I just finished a show using MagicHD. It was a theatrical performance with about 50 subtitles projected on a screen above the proscenium. I'm impressed with the capabilities but still remain confused about some of the details. I got it working but felt like I was fumbling around too much. First with the networking from my Macbook with a PC Wing to a PC with my projector, then recording and editing the cues seemed difficult. It worked pretty well. The projection cues were included in the lighting cues. I will use it again and hope to better understand how it works. It is a good addition to the Chamsys software line. The visualizer and media server are nice features that are available for free. It's quite wonderful.

I've got about a full week of dark time in the theatre next week before we have the grand opening. I think I'm gonna play around with the MagicHD. I can't wait. I've got a full LED rig in the air and two HD Projectors. One rear and one front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back