Choices

Which one is the better choice?

• Nady PCM-200

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
I have to decided to make a microphone purchase. I am torn betwwen the classic look of the Nady PCM-200 Dynamic mic, or the company I trust, AKG D-2002 S. If anyone has an opinion on which is an all around better mic,please share!!!!!

avkid said:
I have to decided to make a microphone purchase. I am torn betwwen the classic look of the Nady PCM-200 Dynamic mic, or the company I trust, AKG D-2002 S. If anyone has an opinion on which is an all around better mic,please share!!!!!

Depends on the application...vocal, instrument, area, recording or live, with or without monitors, or all around general purpose...whats the application(s) you have in mind.. ? Otherwise its like asking which car is better..the one with 4 spinner wheels and mad sound system, or the one with the cool paint color and the fast durable engine. They both drive but each has a different desired effect... :)

-w

avkid said:
general vocal (no monitors within 10 feet)

Ok, The AKG is a good overall mic then for general vocal use unless you want the look.. The Nady is more purchased for the "look" for shows and stuff..but is ot a tonally good sounding mic IMO. For Sound and tone and best feedback rejection--the AKG is much better IMO... Other brands to look at--the Audio Technica PRO and Artist Elite stuff is generally great sounding and has good tonal qualities--and the prices are nice. The generic age-old "58" is always there..but IMO for a general use Mic you can find others that are just better sounding and just as versitile. A favorite of mine which is a very versitile mic--excellent sound for vocals, but can also be used on instruments like horns, guitars and bass rigs and even a kick drum, is the Beyer M-88. Bit pricey--around $250-300$...but well worth having in your microphone box...

JMO...
-w

Well, after a glance at SKG's website, I can't even find the D-2002 S. The closest I could find is the D-2000, which is a discontinued mic.

I would highly suggest expanding your options here. In my book, any mic that can be had for $20 apiece screams cheap, and will not stand up to much nor sound decent. If price is a major concern here, take a look at the Shure PG48/58 or the Sennheiser E815S. The Shure PG48 is $66 list, and the PG58 and E815S are both are just over $100 list. Give Full Compass a call and they will probably offer you a really good price on all of these mics. PM me for contact information.

The PG mics are great and now Shure has started making the PGX series which is a step up, at the company I work at we sell the PG 48 mic for $35. If I were you I would consider going this way shure makes a great mic.

Go with the Sennheiser Evolution series then - it's definitely better than Nady and likely better than the AKG.

Nady is horrible they're like most Shure PG mics, they pick up so much body noise. And they break a bit easier. They're fine for a mic to play around with, but when you have to work to do. Don't count on them, they aren't as durable.

I'd go with the Senny. I'm a big fan of the Shures as work horses, but the 57 isn't as versatile as a multi purpose mic. While it's true that you can sing into one, the 825 is going to work a lot better in that application, as well as being able to double as an instrument mic.

Go with the Sennheiser, hands down. The SM57 is an instrument mic, and while it can (and is) used for speech applications, I wouldn't sing into one. Also, you say that you want variety - getting another Shure really won't provide that. As I stated, give Full Compass a call - they will probably beat any price you see on these mics elsewhere.

I Use 4 ULX Beta 58 Shure's as the workhorse mics. They have never failed yet (execpt for replacing batteries :))

But they are used as the primary HH mic in my theatre, primarially for convience and they sound great too.

wow.....stupidest Question ever.......there is no comparison.AKG all the way.

"Nady's are for a cheap ass" -Mike Ravita

Users who are viewing this thread

Back