Church stealing things

This situation seems to be spiraling to the point of drawing and quartering the church members.

We have no idea at what level the OP is, is this a student observing what is going on from one perspective or is the OP the School official responsible for this arrangement.

If it was intentional stealing then the items would not "show up later"

If they are there available for "use" which I would guess is the case and there is a very loose arrangement based on the School and the Church I would still say that this is unintentional and again very likely where there are well meaning church members helping out and have no clue as to what is or is not the churches and probably innocently think that what is being used is the churches. and on the other end the person using these items probably has no idea that they are NOT supposed to use them. IF in fact they are NOT, I have seen situations where a well intentioned person way down the chain of command sees a situation totally out of context and jumps to a conclusion where the "higher ups" have a totally different perspective on the situation

SO:

From my perspective, if you have a facility and you allow others to use the facility and you have readily available various items, they are likely to be used and the typical "user" has no distinction between using the house PA or the House Lighting instruments and Using Mics and Cables.

If the church is NOT supposed to use these items and is supposed to bring all their own gear, THEN from one perspective it is the Schools responsibility to have the items stored so as not to be readily available.

If this is the case, then the question becomes, is it the church that is at fault for "borrowing items innocently" or is it the schools fault for leaving the items around.

So is it "the church stealing things" from the description I would say not likely. Items that are stolen tend to be gone forever and not re appear

Sharyn

I did a show a couple of weeks ago in a local church. I was called in at the last second to replace the lead tech whose mother had a sudden attack and he needed to go to the hospital. Since I was filling in I had no idea whose equipment was whose. It was quickly apparent the difference between our stuff and theirs but I was constantly having to show the church volunteers what was theirs and that they shouldn't put it in our pile.
It was a simple case of them not knowing or understanding how to differentiate between guitar world gear and professional gear. Never mind that both had their own system of marking.

I agree with everything that has been said. We used to loan our auditorium out to a church, and we ran into the same problem. We simply labeled everthing with a label that include the name of our auditorium as well as the object number.

It helped when the church purchased 50 new LED lights, as they left them there and we told them that if they kept using our equipment, we were going to use their LEDs. They did, so now we have 50 new LED's that we can use at our leisure.

Like everyone said, label everything. Make a mastor inventory. Ours was very long, but it worked wonderful.

Inventories can be very simple to.

SOUND
Microphones and stands
Tri-pod Stand 1--green
Solid Stand 1----red
Cords and Cabels
Microphone Cable 1--black
LIGHTS
Gels
34 Chroma Green #121
10 Sea Blue #403

You get the idea. It can be tedious, but it is necesary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back