ClearComs

Bbillups

Hello! So our theatre has a really REALLY old com system and we need to but everywhere seems very expensive. All I'm looking for is some new boxes and new headsets but we don't have a very big sound budget. does anyone have any ideas or places?

Well, my best recommendation is to put a saved search up on eBay, set widely enough that you'll pick up some off-the-edge items, description wise, and wait for your pitch.

RS-501's seem to be the Standard beltbox, and any compatible headset will work; XLR4F and dynamic mics. I was actually surprised to find out how good the Production Intercom gear is; it's in my rental house, and my initial reaction to it was it looked sorta bottom-feeder, but it's perfectly serviceable, and has a pretty flexible master station.

Do you mean brand new or new to you, becasue as long as the boxes and headsets work i don't see any reason why they need to be new especially if you are on a tight budget

Hello! So our theatre has a really REALLY old com system and we need to but everywhere seems very expensive. All I'm looking for is some new boxes and new headsets but we don't have a very big sound budget. does anyone have any ideas or places?
Is the existing system Clear-Com? Do you have a functioning master station or power supply and does the existing system function properly other than some of the beltpacks and headsets?

eBay has a number of Clear-Com beltpacks and headsets listed at this time including one lot of five RS-501 beltpacks currently at a $212.50 bid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back