Colorblast Addressing

tyler.martin

So I have some Colorblast TR12's rented for an upcoming gig, and I have used them before many times, but I need to figure something out. ie, How can I get all 12 fixtures to respond to the same address?

I use the Colorblast 12 and 6 this summer and as I recall, I had to plug them in the power supply. Then via Cat5, I had to plug it in to my laptop and use some really bad program the Phillips gives you to re-address the individual fixtures. But then I found this: DMX Controllers - SmartJack Pro, Philips Color Kinetics which helped a lot. Either way you need to get on the web site and get the bad program for addressing.

I hope this at least gets you going in the right direction.

Its going to be a PDS750, and no I have lots of room for all the necessary addresses, its for ease of programming. Unless I am just crazy... When you patch the Colorblast 12TR on an EOS family console it only patches 3 addresses, but if you have 12 fixtures you need way more addresses than that...

Last edited:
Its going to be a PDS750, and no I have lots of room for all the necessary addresses, its for ease of programming. Unless I am just crazy... When you patch the Colorblast 12TR on an EOS family console it only patches 3 addresses, but if you have 12 fixtures you need way more addresses than that...

For ease of programming just patch the multiple fixtures all to the same channel, you don't need to readdress them.

-Tim

The PDS750 has a mini-zapi built in to reset the DMX addresses of all colorblasts connected to it to 001. The only catch is that the PDS750 auto assigns DMX addresses to each port based off the start address. You can't set it up so only 3 DMX channels will control all 12 colorblasts. You have to patch 36 (12x3ch) channels worth of LEDs into the console to get them to work. You can make it work in softpatch on the console if you patch channel 1 as DMX 001, 004, 007, 010, etc. Repeat for the other two colors and that should do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back