Colour palettes and intensity on Ion subs

I'll dive straight in with my problem:

We used to use a Zero 88 Orb for our foyer stage, which was programmed by someone else, with all the different colours and chase sequences for the LED PARs we have rigged (we've got ten Chauvet PixPar 12, if anyone's interested/finds that info useful later). We've recently decided to swap out the Orb for an Ion, seeing as we already have one in our main theatre and we all know how to use it. Except apparently we've developed a blind spot concerning LEDs, as I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the colours on the sub masters.

Basically each fixture has 12 LEDs which are all programmed as individual channels (for chase and colour effect reasons): i.e. channels 17 thru 28 are in the first fixture, which we have programmed as Group 1, and so on and so forth. Chase sequences aren't a problem, colour palettes aren't a problem; what I'm stuck on is having the colour palettes recorded into subs and them not working how I want them to work. I put the groups I needed at full, assigned the relevant colour palette (let's assume I'm using my assigned colour palette 101 for yellow), and then recorded that as a sub. When I then go to cue zero and put the sub to full, the LEDs don't actually change to yellow until they are at full; in-between 0 and 100 it goes back to just being open-white-ish as it fades out. I figure I need to change the intensity settings somehow but I'm drawing a blank. How do I record the colour palette into a sub and have the colour stay the same no matter how low or high the sub goes?

The other option would be to create a HOME Preset (I usually use Preset 501). Set the RGB values to 0 on all fixtures and record that as Preset 501. Then in Desk Settings, make your home preset 501. And BAM, now your sub will bring the leds back to their HOME color as you are bringing your Sub down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back