Automated Fixtures Dead Mac 2k

Grimley

So I have a mac 2000 profile II magnetic and here are the syptoms:

-exterior fuses good
-power switch stuck in on position (??)
-fixture is completely dead, no part powers on

I'm thinking maybe its the internal fuse or ps? Anyone have any wisdom before I open it up?

So I have a mac 2000 profile II magnetic and here are the syptoms:

-exterior fuses good
-power switch stuck in on position (??)
-fixture is completely dead, no part powers on

I'm thinking maybe its the internal fuse or ps? Anyone have any wisdom before I open it up?

If the power switch is stuck on, I'd say you may have a failed power switch. Sounds like a bit of a dead giveaway. Take a good look around inside and make sure you don't see any glaring issues, but if everything looks OK save for the switch, I'd first try bypassing it for a quick test. If bypassing works, just replace the switch. I've seen quite a few power switch failures on older Martins.

Do be careful though - I do not know what your level of expertise is. I can't in good conscience recommend fiddling around with bypassing anything in the power supply unless you really know what you're doing.

First rule of diagnostics - Look for the obvious.
There is a mechanical problem with the switch and the unit does not power on. I would give "defective power switch" a score of 90%

Agree with John. As the saying goes, "When you hear hoofbeats, think 'horses', not 'zebras."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back