Elation EPAR QA LED Flickering

Swade White

Our school has a couple of these LED's and they are connected through DMX along with 4 VL2500 movers. Every few minutes, the LED's flash white for about a tenth of a second and then go back to normal for a few minutes until they do it again. They do the same thing even if the intensity is at 0%. Does anyone know if there is a reason they are doing this or is it just because they are old?

A similar problem, many suggestions, and a solution in this thread: https://www.controlbooth.com/threads/dled-elation-rgb-108-pars-ghost-in-the-machine.23784/
I want to thank everyone for their responses.

We finally solved this beast of a problem today. We switched the DLED PARs to 4 channel mode instead of 5 so that the board could control the intensity.

I think that made a difference but what really solved the issue was changing the way the fixtures are pixel mapped. The way the pixel mapping was done was capturing the white channel on the fade out and making the effects twitchy.

so solved!
Questions:
1. What console and data distribution are you using?
2. Do the VL2500s exhibit any misbehavior?
3. Are the DMX512 line(s) terminated?
4. Have you contacted Elation?

Do they have clean power?

Thanks for the reply everyone! I just got done messing with how I have the DMX laid out and I found that the moving lights were interfering with the LED's. I have the movers on one DMX cable and the LED's on another and that seemed to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back