ETC Express125 Consoles Available

ebuendia

Hi guys.

I read these forums often but this time I am asking for advice. I have two ETC Express 125 consoles in touring cases that I need to find a new home for. What do you guys suggest? I tried eBay but did not have much luck. Is there such a thing as a theatre equipment exchange website? I figured some of you may know. Thanks!

How much are you looking to get for one of them?

How well do they work with intelligent fixtures?

Hi guys.

I read these forums often but this time I am asking for advice. I have two ETC Express 125 consoles in touring cases that I need to find a new home for. What do you guys suggest? I tried eBay but did not have much luck. Is there such a thing as a theatre equipment exchange website? I figured some of you may know. Thanks!

Hi guys.

What are you looking to sell them for?

For anything other than a few scrollers or gobo rotators, not very well.

Ive never had trouble with movers with the 125. The PersEditor is your best friend. At my last place our studio space had 75 conventionals and 4 movers with room to spare to throw in a few SeaChangers or a handful of specials if needed. Programming is a bit wonky but once u master the track pad its as simple as pie.

Ive never had trouble with movers with the 125. The PersEditor is your best friend. At my last place our studio space had 75 conventionals and 4 movers with room to spare to throw in a few SeaChangers or a handful of specials if needed. Programming is a bit wonky but once u master the track pad its as simple as pie.

Thanks for the response to the previous post. I see you're in Wisconsin; any chance you're near Middleton? If so, you know that's where ETC is based from. I am still having trouble pricing these consoles. Any tips are welcome. Cheers!

Thanks for the response to the previous post. I see you're in Wisconsin; any chance you're near Middleton? If so, you know that's where ETC is based from. I am still having trouble pricing these consoles. Any tips are welcome. Cheers!

I am aware that ETC is close and it is great if I ever need a service call. I however couldn't tell you the actual going rate for a 125 but you could shoot from anywhere to $2800 to $3500 but again that is just a guess based on a quick look at the price for a 48/96 and a 250 console. You could also call ETC I am sure they could giving you an asking price for them as well.

... I am still having trouble pricing these consoles. Any tips are welcome. Cheers!
Your window of opportunity has just about closed, I'm afraid. Similar consoles are listed on usedlighting/solaris/gearsource, and are remarkably over-priced, IMO. No one is going to pay $3000-4000 when the lowest Element (which does more) sells new for ~$4000. And the road cases don't add much value, because a resident theatre doesn't need them, and no one will want to buy a used Express to tour with. Also, when comparing prices, the 125 may be the least desirable, due to lack of faders; I believe it was also the least expensive Express offered.

I'm sorry to not have better news. Were it me, I'd list them on eBay with a hidden reserve of $1500-2000 and hope for the best.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I may try eBay again. Frankly, I need these consoles out of my garage. They are in bulky (albeit beat up) Calzone cases so they take up some room. We don;t need to make a profit per sé, I just need to find a new home for these consoles. Thanks!

I never said it couldn't be done. It's just inefficient. That's what I meant by "not very well". In all my years here and "out in the wild", I have never heard "movers", "Express", and "simple as pie" used in the same sentence. ;). Don't get me wrong, it's great that you've been able to master it -- I just wouldn't encourage anyone to go out and buy an Express or Expression with the knowledge that they'll need to control movers with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back