Control/Dimming ETC Ion iPhone iRFR

g15

Is there a way to do a dimmer check (or address check) with the iRFR? I've written a macro but was wondering if it's possible without. I see that there is an option for it under Park and Patch but there's no easy way to step through dimmers.

Thanks!

-Danny

Is there a way to do a dimmer check (or address check) with the iRFR? I've written a macro but was wondering if it's possible without. I see that there is an option for it under Park and Patch but there's no easy way to step through dimmers.

Thanks!

-Danny

Since you haven't gotten a reply yet, and I couldn't find any useful info. on the ETC website, I'd recommend re-posting on the ETC users forum - Forums - Electronic Theatre Controls

SB

Since you haven't gotten a reply yet, and I couldn't find any useful info. on the ETC website, I'd recommend re-posting on the ETC users forum - Forums - Electronic Theatre Controls

SB

Sorry for the confusion on the website. The iRFR operates the same way that the handheld RFR unit does. This includes the same syntax.

From page 329 of the Ion manual:
Park Mode
This mode is used for parking channels and also for “channel check” and “address check”
functions.
Softkeys
The following softkeys are available in park mode:
Address
Channel
• Last
• Full
• Out
• Next
{Address} and {Channel} are used to select addresses or channels for parking.
• <Channel> [7] [@] [5] [Enter] - Parks channel 7 at 50%.
• {Address} [8] {Full} - Parks address 8 at full.
{Full} and {Out} are used to set those levels for channels or addresses. {Out} parks the channel or
address at 0.
{Next} and {Last} are used for the check functions (see below).
• [9] [@] [Enter] - unparks channel 8.
Channel or Address Check
When a single address or channel is selected, using {Next} and {Last} you can rapidly increment
or decrement through the channels or addresses to verify function. This only works when a single
channel or address is selected on the RFR and then {Next} and {Last} is used.
In this mode, the right thumbwheel will function as next and last commands, and the left will function
as the level wheel.

Using the channel and address check in Park Mode is the easiest way to step through dimmers or channels. Or as you have indicated before, you can write a macro to do it how you prefer.

Thanks!

-Danny
Go to the park page and enter the channel to start with and then hit next last as needed. When you are done and clear the channel nothing will be parked. My question is how do you unpark a channel. I did it once, but lost track of my key strokes.

Matthew

To unpark a channel you need to essentailly 'repark' it. So give the command to park that channel again, it may ask you to confirm, but it should unpark it. That's how it works on the console's software, so I'd imagine the iRFR follows the same rules.

Careful with channels as it's easy to park channels at zero, which means then never come up in Live.

I find the best way to "release" channels captured in park is to use "Channels - xx - Thru - XXX - @ - Enter" , then hit clear. This is the very last thing I do when leaving the park section and going Live.

It helps as well here to change the system size to something less then the 10,000 channels Ion has as default. I tend to leave it at 500 as I only have addressing up to 407 anyway. Then I'll use Ch - 1 - Thru - 500 - @ - Enter", as the release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back