ETC ION overheating

Shadowmhs

Today I went up too the booth and found our Etc Ion shutdown when I powered it up it showed that it had shut down because of a thermal error. the booth wasn't overly hot (maybe 75 degrees) and the board had been running for maybe an hour. Does anyone know what might have caused this and how we can prevent it from happening again?

PS tonight is opening night

Thank You

I'm going to guess fan failure. Probably CPU. At least, that's normally the case with Intel chips in standard PCs.

What I'd do:

1. Feel exhaust air, is there a normal amount of airflow and is it hot/cooler than usual? Make sure there's nothing restricting airflow (someone's jacket tossed on it, whatever)
2. Call ETC 1-800-688-4116 ASAP, they should be able to tell you what the normal and possible causes of this are, and hopefully a way to find readings for any temperature sensors in it
3. If not already resolved, pull the side panel off the brain and visually check that all fans are running. If any aren't, power down, unplug and check connections (following static precautions of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I agree with the above posters -- the console likely has a bad fan or heatsink if it has been giving you thermal warnings. Definitely check that the air exhaust ports are clear of any debris and given adequate clearance (i.e., things aren't pushed up right next to it).

In any case, do give us a call at 800-688-4116 ASAP so we can help you try and sort things out.

Thanks!

Hans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back