ETC Ion Patch Issue (Address works, not Channel)

shwae

Hi!

I am working a show going up tomorrow, I have all of my LED fixtures working, and a bunch of my conventionals, however I am having an issue with about 30 of the dimmers, here is the issue:

I can bring the lights up via address, so address 90 thru 132 at full and they come up, I can park them, etc etc, however when I patch then, so address 90 thru 132 now is channel 90 thru 132 the channels are not coming up when do channel 90 thru 132 at full. Addresses will still come up.

If worst comes to worst these lights are just On/Off for a orchestra part of the show, but if you have any insight on how to correct the issue please advise!

Thank You!

How are you patching them/What do you see in the patch display as you are trying to patch them? When you try to bring them up by channel, what do you see on the channel display? (Are the channels getting a level on the screen?)

-Tim

Hi!

I am working a show going up tomorrow, I have all of my LED fixtures working, and a bunch of my conventionals, however I am having an issue with about 30 of the dimmers, here is the issue:

I can bring the lights up via address, so address 90 thru 132 at full and they come up, I can park them, etc etc, however when I patch then, so address 90 thru 132 now is channel 90 thru 132 the channels are not coming up when do channel 90 thru 132 at full. Addresses will still come up.

If worst comes to worst these lights are just On/Off for a orchestra part of the show, but if you have any insight on how to correct the issue please advise!

Thank You!

First, as lwinters suggested, make sure they are not parked. [PARK] [PARK] to bring up the Park Display if you don't already know that, or the channel tombstrones will have a small p on them indicating parked. If they are parked, grab them and unpark.

If they are not parked, and you have them patched correctly, I would make sure they are routed to the correct output. In the interface box check to make sure the channels are outputting in the correct manner for your rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back