Floor pocket ID

sdauditorium

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a bit of help here. I need to replace two floor pocket covers in our auditorium, and I cannot find these specific covers for the life of me.

Here's a picture of what we need. There's no manufacturer's info or anything on the pocket or cover.

Any help is great. Thanks.
photo.JPG

I've seen this before in a theatre that was built in the 60s/70s. I doubt you'll be able to find an equivalent as when the theatre was renovated, the original floor pockets were kept - I'm assuming the company has gone out of business.

You might try (if you can and are comfortable) removing the entire pocket, there might be some information on the bottom of the pocket.

it looks very much like the ones I have. StageCraft did the install in 1986.
I think you would need to contact them with the photo and dimensions.

Last edited:
You're in door county? Call up Mainstage in Milwaukee, they are an Altman dealer. Lighthouse Productions is closer in Green Bay but I'm unsure if they deal Altman.

If this is not an Altman FF-701, I would be very surprised. If it is not a FF-701 I strongly suspect one would be a fine replacement.
http://www.altmanlighting.com/altman-lighting-distribution/flush-floor-boxes/flush-floor-boxes.pdf
I'm sure there are Altman dealers closer than me, but if not, let me know.

That's exactly what I need. I'll shoot an email over to Mainstage. They're actually going to be installing new soft goods in our auditorium in the next month or two..a nice chunk of change. They should really throw in a few replacement floor pocket covers ;)

Looks like an Altman. If you do not want to replace the entire pocket, you can leave the cover installed in the floor and swap out the connectors beneath. I have seen this done before several times and it is very effective -- not to mention less of a mess!

Looks like an Altman. If you do not want to replace the entire pocket, you can leave the cover installed in the floor and swap out the connectors beneath. I have seen this done before several times and it is very effective -- not to mention less of a mess!

I just need the covers actually. A couple incidents in the last 5 years of people accidentally running over floor pockets with a scissor lift... :mad:

Instead of spending time and money trying to find the same pocket cover, it would probably be more economical to replace the covers completely with one that will fit the dimensions of your pocket.

Instead of spending time and money trying to find the same pocket cover, it would probably be more economical to replace the covers completely with one that will fit the dimensions of your pocket.

Right. Well, I'm going to measure the dimensions of the existing pocket tomorrow and if it matches what the Altman specs have, I'll go ahead and order from Mainstage.

We have some of the same floor pockets. Ours are SSRC branded. The hinges (such as they are) are broken on almost all of our covers. Is that the problem with yours as well? I've never looked into replacing them as I'm afraid the new hinges would just break in short order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back