Getting a new lighting system for a high school auditorium

You'd be surprised what you can do with with functional non-Source 4s. The only time I get to play with them is the rare occasion I rent one to use a glass gobo. Otherwise, its all Altman 360Q for front lighting. It gets the job done. The powers that be regard Source 4 lens options as too confusing compared to a 360Q and the Source 4 as good for nothing but destroying gel quickly, so I make due with what's there. 24' x 24' stage.

I would count all your fixtures, by type/lens and try to figure out what is wrong with them. Some things can be solved with rather inexpensive parts, or just time and a screw driver, or a new lamp.

I am a high school student, and my schools lighting system in our auditorium is very out of date, and almost non-functioning. It is from 1972!!!!!!!! YES no joke. It is an LMI system with a 30 channel 2 scene board. The fact that we still have a few channels working is a miracle. We have very little functioning lighting left, and we are in a 1,200 seat auditorium. We usually rent in over $3000 worth of equipment for our musicals. we have tried to show our administrators that the system is so out of date, and that it is not in good shape. a few years back, we had an electrician come in and look at our system, and he deemed it dangerous and I'm pretty sure we haven't been up to code in awhile. Our administrators and school board won't listen, and they dont understand. we understand that a new system is very expensive, but we desperately need an upgrade. my question to you is how do we convince our school board that we need to upgrade to save our auditorium? if you have any suggestions on how to go about making them understand the situation and getting them in the right direction towards a new system, it would be a great help. did anyone else go through something similar? Any suggestions welcomed. ( I will get pics up ASAP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back