Halftime Show

mstaylor

Departed Member
I was watching the halftime show on the Lions game and they were using several movers on stage. I didn't reconize them, anybody see it? They used color blasts that didn't do anything. The LED strips and step insets did a good job.

The tv was only on in the back round when the halftime show was on but i thought i saw high end system - showpix

I noticed it during the game on the sidelines, I only saw the bases but they were high end for sure. My guess would be showpix, but i didn't see the body of it.

Look at the size of those things, definitely HES Showguns or Showbeams. Those things are freakin huge.

I could of done without the field effect. The video guys need to stick with the line of scrimage line and the first down line. Leave the entertainment effects to others.

Definately agree. It was just a little gimmicky... clearly not really on the field.

I have to admit, the first time it was on... thought they turned on some serious LEDs...

I liked the added in screen effect and don't think it really matter that it was added in after the fact since it was done so well.

I don't really understand why in that situation you would use showguns over show pix, but that's just me.

Evidently both halftime shows were disigned by the same guy. In the first game they used about twenty color blast and a row of LED strips, plus the movers. In the second game they used color blast around the whole set and a row of LED srips, no movers.
In the first game it was a Motown tribute and the color blasts didn't show up at all. In the second game it as Daughtry and it just put ugly up color on their faces.

Evidently both halftime shows were disigned by the same guy. In the first game they used about twenty color blast and a row of LED strips, plus the movers. In the second game they used color blast around the whole set and a row of LED srips, no movers.
In the first game it was a Motown tribute and the color blasts didn't show up at all. In the second game it as Daughtry and it just put ugly up color on their faces.

Actually the second game used movers too, they appear to be Showguns as well, they are just harder to see, as they aren't on the main stage but on the secondary stages behind the cheerleaders. You can see at 2:19 for a few seconds, and here's the video: The placing on the Daughtry half time show made even less sense to use them then the Motown, in my opinion.

I would agree since I didn't even realize they were there. I don't know what they did on the night game, I was watching Punkin Chunkin on the Science Channel. I do a stage there every year.

Just watched the Daughtry video.
Personally, I would have loaded up with Some bright LED backlighting, a bunch of Mole Lights, and Atomic Strobes, and video screens. Although... putting up a bunch of video screens would be difficult as your competing with that ridiculous of an imag up above :drool:. But what do I know?

The Colorblasts were just sort of useless, as were the random Birdies lining the edge of the stage... just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Man those drapes coming out of the Salvation Army pots were awesome though! Any ideas on how they did that/what type of hoist they used? Its got to be a mad house rigging stuff in a stadium like that with lines for field goal nets, sky cams, that dadgum screen...

"Any ideas on how they did that/what type of hoist they used"

If you look in the background when they are rising, it looks like there is a crew member pulling a line down. I am assuming that they just rigged a few pulleys in the roof and dropped lines as they were setting up the stage. Could be completely wrong though...

EDIT: Watched it again, and it's definitely manual. At 4:21, you can see a close-up of one crew member pulling on the line. At 4:24, you can see several spread around the pots... pulling quite hard, it looked like.

Last edited:
"Any ideas on how they did that/what type of hoist they used"

If you look in the background when they are rising, it looks like there is a crew member pulling a line down. I am assuming that they just rigged a few pulleys in the roof and dropped lines as they were setting up the stage. Could be completely wrong though...

EDIT: Watched it again, and it's definitely manual. At 4:21, you can see a close-up of one crew member pulling on the line. At 4:24, you can see several spread around the pots... pulling quite hard, it looked like.

Well I'll be darned, you're right. Its funny how I forgot that good old fashioned humans are useful now and again for more than just pushing buttons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back