hanging pipe

Gravity is what makes these things work, not friction, so I'd venture to say they are strictly kept at being level, and never used at an angle or as booms. That isn't to say something couldn't be designed that would work, but these aren't meant for that.

Why the devil wouldn't it have something like an integral cheesborough or gridlock type device to clamp down on the pipe?

Where is ETC around here to comment on their own product?

Good idea--I will look into it.

ST
Where else except on ControlBooth, and with what manufacturer other than ETC, is one able to interact directly with a Vice-President of Research and Development? In other words,

ControlBooth Rocks!
Consider Donating today.

ETC Rulz!
Visit www.etcconnect.com to make all your lighting dreams a reality.

grandMA pwns!
www.malighting.com (I just felt that needed saying.)

I pride myself for my neutrality. Call me Switzerland.
:cool:

Why the devil wouldn't it have something like an integral cheesborough or gridlock type device to clamp down on the pipe?

Where is ETC around here to comment on their own product?

The pipe is pinned to the vertical member to keep it from slipping or rotating. However, the unit is designed to support a balanced load without significant torque on the vertical member. Also, the fact that it has a limited extension distance below the ceiling obviates the use of anything other than a pipe mount that is perpendicular to the vertical member.

It's designed for relatively simple rigs in ballrooms and the like.

Hope this helps

ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back