Hello to all

madjax

Hi. I've been elected to run the visual effects at my church (lighting and powerpoint on Sundays). We have a ETC Express 48/96 and I have no clue as to how to work it. All I know is to slide the sliders up and down. Could I get some feed back on how to work this. I can be more specific but didn't think this was the place to do it.

Welcome to Control Booth! Good to have you aboard. The Express is a VERY popular board, so there is a lot of info on here about it. I would say the first thing to do would be to read the manual, then arrange a time to play a bit with the board when you do not have a service imeadiatly pending. This way you have time to familiarize yourself with all of the features you may need. If you do a search here and cannot find the answer you are looking for, feel free to post in the Lighting Forum, and we are happy to help you out.

Hope you enjoy your time here on CB!

~Dave

Hello.
Welcome to Control booth. Here is a site that's going to help you out a lot.

Lighting solutions for Theatre, Film & Television Studios and Architectural spaces : ETC

I really recommend before going any farther you download the Expression family Cheat sheet. It will help you Make the console do what you want it to do.
If you look though it you probably are going to have some questions so Let me Give you some really quick terminology. Most of these definitions are coming from the Control Booth Wiikki and you can do a search on them to find more info.

1. Channel (Chan) - "A Channel is the number assigned to a pathway on the light console to control a dimmer. In older or basic light consoles this relationship is fixed at "1 to 1", meaning Channel #4 always turns on dimmer #4. In more modern light consoles the soft patch features allows you to assign any snumbers on the light console to any dimmer or group of dimmers in the rack. So by changing the patch, Channel #4 on the console can be programmed to turn on Dimmers #6, 34, and 95."

2. Dimmer-(DIM) - A dimmer is a device used to vary the electrical power delivered to the instrument’s lamp. As power to the lamp decreases, the light fades or dims.
Incandescent dimming is accomplished through SCR (Silicon-Controlled Rectifier), IGBT, or sinewave dimming systems. Dimmers are controlled by a low voltage signal from the light console. In older systems this signal is analog (usually 0-10VDC) or Analog MultiPlex (AMX). Since the late 80's the signal is is a digital protocol (DMX512 or Digital MultiPlex). Many newer systems are using Ethernet to control dimmers. In response to one of these signals, dimmers allow power to flow at the specified level to the lighting instruments.

3. Patching- Assigning a dimmer to a Channel. Can be done thorough the Patch screen on your console.

Anyway hope this helps a little

TTFN

Welcome to the board. With your Express, see if it is set in one scene mode so it has subs. Then see what is on the subs. With a church service you would probably be better off have different looks or areas on several subs and run it that way instead of trying to set up a cue stack. PM me to make this make better sense. I'm sure everything I just said is like a foreign language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back