Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Some video of the most recent thing I lit:
link

(what you can't see is that the reporter set up right in front of our truck ramp so we had to wait to start packing the truck till she was done...

Here are some photos of Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett I produced and Designed Sets & Lights.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hey Guys. have not posted here in a very very long time, thought i might show ya what i have being up to.

Once again, the season at Pioneer Theatre Company is up and running. The season opener, My Fair Lady has been quite the hit. Below are a couple photos, but I encourage you to check out the rest of them here. The site also includes the full cast and artistic staff listing. Also, if you have any questions or want to come see a show, please feel free to contact PTC.

proxy.php

"Get me to the curch" button

proxy.php

"Little Bit of Luck"

proxy.php

Ascott - Check out the costumes and hats in this one!

proxy.php

"Have a chocolate..."

This show was another big use of wireless dimming for us. The sconces that you see in the last photo as well as some other hidden lighting in the study set piece was all done via battery and wireless dimming as the entire set piece lived on a slipstage. Please feel free to send along any questions or comments.

I only have one decent picture, but I take full credit for the construction of our 42nd Street marquee seen in the background. It took me about six hours to do, drilling a hole for each individual X-mas light. Turned out to be somewhere around 800 or so lights.

proxy.php

Last Saturday. No lighting involved.

Attachments

• lanterns_low.jpg
    lanterns_low.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 229
Some shots of what I am working on right now. Show tomorrow actually.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Don't have to really say what it is for. Did I mention I hate tent jobs too?

I figured I'd throw in my two cents....

This is the last show that I designed....
Saddleback Worship Conference and Festival

proxy.php

proxy.php

18 VL2000 Spot
8 VL2000 Wash
8 VL2500 Spot
12 HES Studio Color
12 HES Studio Spot
4 HES DL2
8 CK Colorblaze 72
30 CK Colorblast 12
10 Wybron Forerunner
114 Altman 6x's
56 Par64
Wholehog 3 controlling it all....

The following pictures are from the Spartanburg Little Theatre's Peter Pan the Musical that I did in Sept 2008 at our area's new Chapman Cultural Center for the Arts in downtown Spartanburg SC.

The photos are not the highest resolution and were shot during the final show.
I did enjoy the creative room that I was allowed during this show.

Front light was primarily no color leaf gobo break ups (16) and 5 seachangers mounted on SourceFour ERS from the center of the FOH (yes, singular)

Side lighting was produced by adding a cheeseburough and 12' downpipe to each side of both the 1st and 2nd electrics, allowing for 5 6" fresnels on the downpipes plus each of the pipes on the proscenium arch. (30 total)

Back lighting were from the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd electrics with 2 two systems allowing both red and blue back washes.

All in all, there were 41 gobos in the show, most used for texture from front and side.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Paper lanterns seem to the the thing right now. 72 of them, lit from inside. 3 guys, 5 hours to put up, 2 guys 3 hours to knock down.

Attachments

• lanterns_low01.JPG
    lanterns_low01.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 246
Paper lanterns seem to the the thing right now. 72 of them, lit from inside. 3 guys, 5 hours to put up, 2 guys 3 hours to knock down.
God how I wish I had pictures of the Nike roll-out party I did a few years back. We had about 200 lanterns hanging, and a room full of White soft goods, plus an entire floor made out of packing foam, and God knows how many white beanbag chairs. that's what that picture reminds me of.

Re: Stage Crew Pictures

Here's a random pic I took tonight during final dress, hopefully I'll have more over the weekend after we have photo call on Wednesday. The show is Coyote on a Fence.

proxy.php

Hey Guys,

Hope your LDI went well.

Here are a few pics from my last show.

CalArts School of Theater production of "Barroco" in Butler Building #2, Directed by faculty member Rafael Lopez-Barrantes

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have some shots from a show I worked, but the show was The Vagina Monologues and the backdrop was a 12 ft tall sculpture of...um...well, you know, in full glorious color and I'm afraid it might not be appropriate for this forum. If admins say it's okay I'll post them but I'm a little concerned about the less-than-18 members and what might happen if grouchy uptight grownups saw what the members were seeing...

The other ones I have are "God's Country", "Fetes de la Nuit", and "Hair". And if you are familiar with those plays you will realize that they can be pretty controversial as well.

Our college drama department works right on the edge much of the time.

Those adults would have to be pretty uptight.

I didnt realize sculptures, even 18' tall ones were restricted.

:) Im sure no one will have an issue with posting the pictures.
JH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back