Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Here are a bunch of Photos from Loudoun Valley HS's production of Godspell in the winter of 2007.
Lighting designed by me and thelightingmancan
Lighting run by me

NoBusking : photos : Godspell- powered by SmugMug

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Here is the pirate ship from my high schools production of Pirates of Penzanze
proxy.php

Remember, it's High School, be nice

Here's a show that just finished today, I helped in all aspects, it was a pretty small show but I love this picture:

proxy.php

And here is an unobstructed view of the set, we built it in 4 days:

proxy.php

Right now we're doing Big:The Musical, and these are pictures of my and my art team changing a birthday sign with fred flintstone into a clown sign saying "you have to be this tall to ride"

Before(ish)

After( we still need to do the lettering)

Then the posters and signs we painted (OMG so much lettering >< you can probably tell they're hand-done by teenagers)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/bobo_girl2/DSCN2452.jpg

(the bottom of the big banner got cut off, don't worry)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/bobo_girl2/DSCN2457.jpg

Then we messed around with the bottom part of the banner. (eventually we got all the techie's handprints)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/bobo_girl2/DSCN2459.jpg

Last edited:
These are from a production at camp:

We have an annual event called Zimriah, which translates to Song Fest (or something along those lines) - basically, each of the groups takes a song (this year's theme was elton john and billy joel) and changes the words to have to do with camp. Normally, we only use the front lights and sometimes the cyc lights - but this year we had the following inventory:
12 - 13 lights for front light (fresnels and lekos)
2 leko specials - each for a banner for each musician.
Pink/Blue Downlight Wash from 2 Altman strip lights
Red/Blue/Green Wash on the black traveler and big white sign in the back
2 NW Lighting FX Moving Lights (on the back on a big riser)
The entire show was programmed and run off of Chamsys Magic Q (for Mac) - where we set up multiple playbacks for different groups - for instance, groups that needed special cues were in their own playback, but for groups that didn't need that, we also set up general washes, colors, and gobos/colors for the movers.

This first picture is one of the movers on the wall - used during one of the groups.
proxy.php

This one is a not great shot of the preset for the show - stars moving back and forth.
proxy.php

Me during the show
proxy.php

The computer/booth set up for the show - in the corner is a monitor with a camera image of the lights - we can't see them from the booth, so this allowed us the ability to make sure they were ready for cues. To the left of this picture (not shown) is the soundboard and the tech guy running that.
proxy.php

The moving light setup on the riser in the back of the theatre.
proxy.php

I'm not sure how exactly to edit the size, so if someone can help me, that would be great.

I think you need to change the size before you upload them: You can do this in Microsoft Picture Manager (click on the picture and then click "Edit: Size" or you can download this free Image Manipulation Program called The Gimp which I think is comparable to Photoshop, though some (or many) professionals would disagree. (For being free it's great!!!)

This past May, our school staged 43 Plays for 43 Presidents - didn't get many decent pictures during the show, but here's a couple not-too-blurry ones:

Taft's play:
proxy.php

proxy.php

The presidential seal platform - this is before we gaff-taped the sides to cover up the frame inside...
proxy.php

EDIT: Sorry the pics are huge, something didn't work with resizing them with PhotoBucket...

bump....
Derek can you just sticky this already?
Thread "stuck," but once our upload issues are resolved, let's think of a way to use the "album" feature of CB v3.0 for our show pictures. (Almost said "showpix," oops.)

A couple pics from a "Lion King" Themed Summer Theatre Camp.
There were no cyc lights, we used 9 t-3 worklights as a groundrow and a few pars from electric 3.

I also designed and built/painted the sun, modeling it from the Broadway show... only much much smaller.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's a link to an album of pictures of a show that I designed in May but have just gotten the pictures. The photo captions help to describe the concept. Photos are by JD Stallings.

Just So

Here's a link to an album of pictures of a show that I designed in May but have just gotten the pictures. The photo captions help to describe the concept. Photos are by JD Stallings.

Just So

Quite interesting, nice work.

One thing I was curious about, for my edification, is you treated the fact that the backlight strips were clearly in the audience's view. As such, the presence of the gel became part of the composition.

Yeah, it worked out really well actually. When I finished the plot I was concerned about the audience being able to see the color's going into the mixing, say being able to see that blue and red goes into the magenta...I didn't know if that would be a distraction or not. Turned out not to be and I never noticed it when I was watchinng in final rehearsals. I was very pleased with the mixing in the end product. The combination of their direct visibility to the audience and the haze in the air allowed me to not only tone the stage but to tone the air and change the feel of the scene in that manner.

I've started working for a wedding band that does like, high class weddings and other upscale parties. And although I was hired to do sound, I started bringing my lights to some gigs. This week I brought 4 of my LED PAR64's. Ran them off my laptop. Put the lights on a lighting tripod extension arm that was attached to a speaker stand. 2 on each side. Started the night out with the lights towards the band as it was instrumental only. Color changing on the band and then when the vocalist went on i turned the lights towards the dance floor for the bride and grooms first dance. From then on to the rest of the night they stayed on the dance floor. It was fun adding them to this event and the band leader loved them so now I'll be doing lights for all the gigs and probably bringing a lot more equipment. Not to mention adding a lighting category to the contract and giving me more money for the lights.

Here are some pictures we took for the band website.
TVK Orchestra
Chicago Wedding Band - The TVK Orchestra

proxy.php

Full Stage Shot
proxy.php

This is one of my 2 lighting positions
proxy.php

I wish the lights had been higher but they had some decent coverage.
proxy.php

And the sneaky band leader took a picture of us while we were working on stuff, I was on lights and sound if needed, my partner did sound.

Corporate show:
20x ColorBlaze72
12x ColorBlast12
12x SourceFour (ERS 10° & 19°)
12x VL3500Spot
01 x RoadHog

Sorry for so much ballroom carpet.
proxy.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back