Interesting ETC product for sale... (not an ad)

techno89

I found this on ebay today:

ETC Reflection digital lighting control device | eBay

Its called the ETC Reflection. Actually looks like a DMX unison station. I know its not but it looks like one. It has 5 page buttons and 10 faders. DMX I/O

proxy.php

I've got 6 of those in my building, we use them for an easy way to turn on a work light look durring dance conferences that use every available space in the building as a classroom.

Speaking of ETC and ARRI (Reflexion, Reflection), who knows anything about this product, the ARRI Connexion?

ARRI_Connexion.jpg

And since when did ARRI make/sell anything other than fixtures and film equipment? What do/did they know about DMX512 and interfacing systems?

I know a little bit. These were mondo-cool interface boxes that could convert DMX to analog or analog to DMX and could handle various analog control voltages at both positive and negative polarity. We still have one laying around including the remote. Oh, and you could route or patch inputs to outputs.

Arri did indeed make stage, in addition to studio, lighting equipment. Interestingly enough, there was both a portable and installation dimmer unit called SmartPack that they produced for quite a number of years.....only the name is connected to the current ETC product.

And, as you know, ETC made a number of control products for Arri and put the Arri name on them. Then, in 1995, ETC bought the stage control division of Arri and opened the ETC Ltd office in London.

David

In my previous job we had a Reflection and I used the first page for pre-sets for events that didn't require booting the Obsession. Over time (ran the same show for 3 years) I eventually filled the other pages with cues so that if the Obsession went down, we could continue the show without it. Overkill? Yes. But a fun experiment.

I know a little bit. These were mondo-cool interface boxes that could convert DMX to analog or analog to DMX and could handle various analog control voltages at both positive and negative polarity. We still have one laying around including the remote. Oh, and you could route or patch inputs to outputs.

Arri did indeed make stage, in addition to studio, lighting equipment. Interestingly enough, there was both a portable and installation dimmer unit called SmartPack that they produced for quite a number of years.....only the name is connected to the current ETC product.

And, as you know, ETC made a number of control products for Arri and put the Arri name on them. Then, in 1995, ETC bought the stage control division of Arri and opened the ETC Ltd office in London.

David

In my best Crocodile Dundee voice, I'm prompted to say:

"That's not a real DAC. Now THIS is a real DAC!"

But I can't find a picture of a Response 512, otherwise known as MobyDAC.

Can you oblige?

++Update, I found it!:

http://www.etcconnect.com/Community/wikis/products/response-512-out.aspx

ST

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back