Interesting lighting effects

Corey3245

I just need some interesting lighting effect. I can already do the chasers.
Just wondering on some of your ideas of things you have seen and if you could give me the name that'd be great.
The effects would be used for concerts. Just like local band concerts.
Being new to lighting the only way I can describe the effects would be something like the chasers. Not necessarily anything like it but just something that people think is pretty cool.
The lights at my disposal are source 4s, some Pars( I believe again new and not to certain) and X-Ray lights (we call them that, they're long and skinny) and strobes. We also have access to GOBOS and gels.
We have other access to other things, but if that could be avoided it would be best.
Budget... Very little.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
You should probably be a little bit more specific with your request. For what purpose do you need these effects? Theater? Concerts? What kind of effects do you want? What tools do you have at your disposal? Budget?

are you looking for strobing effects or more random. What kind or board do you have to run the lights?
We can't really help unless we know what you want and what you have to control everything

...We also have access to bogos and gels. ...
bogos? (Sorry to make fun of you, Corey3245, that's a very extreme case of dyslexia.;)).

Perhaps the video in this thread http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/lighting/14949-i-may-have-gone-too-far.html can lead to some inspiration. As soundlight says, very few moving lights were actually used--it's more about color and distribution.

Good advice also in this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/lighting/15488-quick-small-rock-concert-primer-request.html.

bogos? (Sorry to make fun of you, Corey3245, that's a very extreme case of dyslexia.;)).

You're right. I'll change it, I am actually dyslexic though.

I watched the video and that is in a way what I want. More of though like something I could actually use for a multiple band multiple set concert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back