Leprecon light board/MAC 600s

dyarb

I have a problem getting two of my mac lights to fade in and out. I have a total of 6 and. The rest of the lights fade in and out fine but these specific two are not. I have them both as spot lights and one fades in as the other fades out and vice versa. Anyone have a suggestion as to what I am not doing right?

Which console model do you have?

What type of MAC fixtures do you have?

Have these two particular fixtures ever worked? If so, what's different now? What changed?

How are they not working?
Do you mean that neither of the two are working, or that one is fading up while the other fades down and you don't want this behavior?

Have you tried to swap one of the troublesome fixtures in question with one that you know is working properly?

Assuming they're arc source fixtures, do the lamps strike?
Do they pan and tilt properly?
Are there any errors on the display (presuming there is a display capable of displaying error messages...)?
Are the fixtures jittering or shaking unexpectedly?

We need some more information to attempt to help you...can you answer the questions above and perhaps provide some more detail?

-Abby

Apologies, I actually had someone else post this for me.

A few details:

The fixtures are mac 600's and are not broken in any way. The fixtures are functioning otherwise normally. the issue is going to be with the settings on the lighting console. What our issue is, is a step on a playback where we go from having the shutter closed on 2 specific front lights to wanting them to slowly fade on for a specific point in the music. Right now we have turned the beam fade up to 5 seconds and even tried to delay the step on the playback, but the lights still pop on to %100 immediately when we go to the particular step that we want it to fade it into. So what we are wondering is if its possible to slow down the shutter opening so it seems to fade in rather than abruptly coming on?

Let me know if this helps or if anyone has more questions. The lighting console is a Leprecon LPx 24.

I have run into this with my martin units. Its actually a fixture problem. You want to fade up, but the fixture is trying to rehome some color wheel, then when it finds its home, it this goes back to responding to dmx, which by then the console already has the shutter set at 100%. Pull the top off the fixture and varify that this is actually happening. The problem can be fixed by adjusting the hall sensor to line up better with the color wheel usually.

Tim, out of curiosity why would it lose DMX while correcting the wheel? I would think it would be much better if it were to do a live correction.

dyarb, did you get it fixed?

Are all the Mac 600s the same, do you have 2 profiles and the rest washes? Or the other way round? Or are they all the same?

All MAC600s are wash fixtures. There are two variations: the standard 600, and the 600NT (New Technology) which adds a variable CTO parameter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back