Lets talk cognito

Bryce_J

So new console that has been starting a lot of hype lately is the cognito. I'm about to do a very simple show for a middle school and I was interested on what people opinions are about it. on top of that the app that runs with it is very interesting as well. thoughts?

I've not used it, but have played a bit. It's very much aimed at schools and churches where there is little training for the board ops. It's a major step above DJ toys but is also aimed at lights with lots of features; movers, strobes, LEDs etc. If your rig is mostly conventionals it will be over kill.

For a 'very simple show' and child operators, I would focus on something they'll understand easily, lots of sliders. Every feature that isn't needed is an opportunity for them to get confused.

I'm running it and it's majority LEDs. I'm just using it because the company I'm working the show for has it. And Iv only seen it used never used it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using one for a theatre with Dimming and LED pars. Love it. Mostly a volunteer staff who operate it and they have no problem picking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back