Design Lighting Board issue

So heres the issue, recently 8 new led cyc lights were installed. Theses cyc lights differ from our older cyc strip lights and are controled by 5 settings 4 are color options Red, Green, Blue, and Amber, the 5th is Intensity (previous lights had 4 RGB and Intensity). Every time I bring up lets say The intensity and Red it looks normal the moment I bring up another sub (Some do this others don't I've copied over the setting from one to another but the moment I record a new cue over it it does it again). It brings up the patched lights and SETS all the color VALUES to 100% on the cyc leds (Essentially turns the cyc a lavender color and nothing is set to change the cyc light color settings, but the werid thing is if I bump it it resets the cyc values back to their original values and when I hold it it returns the cyc lights to 100%.) If I record over those settings the issue returns and it seems to be contained to specific subs. Its not a wiring issue, another thing I noticed is that when brining up the intensity the cyc lights turn on like a flashlight then turn off. Oh, and when I record the intensety as a 100% on those subs that have the issue they override the intensety sub and set it to 0%. My TD has been unable to figure put whats going on. (The subs that are having an issue with they have preset lights that have been grouped and have no relation to the cyc whatso ever). Its definitly from what I think is that the subs are conflicting but then it doesn't make sense when I bring up sub c with the intensity at 100% and it inverts my intensity. We use an Ion board (party of the eon family). Some fooling around the the inhibitive mode shows that it doesn't affect the cyclights, but we can't color mix either. I have no idea how to isolate an entire group Of subs so that within it they color mix but don't get affected by other subs. Any ideas? I havn't seen any sort of way to fix this and I've been running through the manual.

Side note Untill I bring up the cyc lights their values are greyed out and read 100%.

I probably can't help you, but I'm sure those who can will want to know what light board you are using. They also my like to know the model of your cyc lights.

This sounds similar to an issue I've encounter before. Its not so much an issue (everything is working as intended) as much as you're trying to do something outside its default behavior (color mixing on the subs). This came up for me when I was trying to busk on concerts and nothing would play nice. It is a combination of two things. First, in the fixture profile for the LEDs there is a default value for every parameter. In the premade profiles for the LEDs the colors default to full which can make for some funky cross fades. To fix this, in the fixture library find the profile for your instruments and make a copy. You can then edit the color parameters in the copy to default to 0. The second issue is color parameters getting recorded into other subs. This can happen easily if you're recording your subs live. When you put the LED in a color, say red, it records the red parameter at full but also records the other color parameters at 0. So if you were in green and brought up the red fader the green would jump to 0. Also if you are recording other subs while the color parameters have a value, even if the intensity is at 0, you will get the same issue. I find it easiest to fix this by editing the subs in blind. If its a sub that shouldn't have the LEDs in it, just select the LED channels and hit [at][enter]. To clear the LED subs of the other parameters select your channels, then open the ML Display or color picker. You will see the virtual controls for the different color parameters. Click on the words (red, green, blue, amber) and they will show on the command line. Select all the colors except the one you want in the sub and hit [at][enter]. This will clear those parameters from the sub. Hope this helps.

Side note. Having a sub for intensity can be nice for theatre but when I'm busking I just record the intensity at full in each color sub. One less handle to worry about. YMMV

I have the same set-up, and for busking days I have a sub that sets intensity to full and all color parameters to 0. The R, G, B, and A subs only have color info. That lets me mix colors on the fly.

I had some issues on one particularly busy day with the profile default color parameters overriding sub values too, but this worked well and quickly.

Andrew Pilip - you should also ensure that the profile you've selected is the same profile that your fixtures are set to in patch. 607 and 608 are the two with intensity parameters, IIRC, but you could select one without an intensity parameter (605 & 606?) if that works better for you.

P.S.: You can also select the individual color parameters by clicking/tapping any of the colors in the live table (when in a view setting that shows you the color parameters), or by pushing down on the appropriate encoder when on the color page.

HTH,
Jen

Alright Ill give your solutions a try when I get back to the theater tomorrow. Thanks for the help in advance this problem has been a pain in the backside for a while.

P.S.: You can also select the individual color parameters by clicking/tapping any of the colors in the live table (when in a view setting that shows you the color parameters), or by pushing down on the appropriate encoder when on the color page.

Ahh, yes. Forgot about the encoders. I'm working with an Element. So no fancy controls for me :p. Didn't know about he clicking in the live table though, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back