Moving Light Fixture - What Is It Called???

Hey people I don't know, it looks cool, but at almost US$3K it's a bit hardcore- that translates to maybe two Mac250 Enoutours out here, if the exchange rate is on my side... And I for one would rather have two Entours than 4 moving ACLs...

Also the 4-way fixture weighs 30kg- people that's a like a 13 year old girl- I don't want to carry that much- my 4-way ACL bars are way lighter, and my MACs can do way more...

Just my two cents.

Hey people I don't know, it looks cool, but at almost US$3K it's a bit hardcore- that translates to maybe two Mac250 Enoutours out here, if the exchange rate is on my side... And I for one would rather have two Entours than 4 moving ACLs...
Also the 4-way fixture weighs 30kg- my 4-way ACL bars are way lighter, and my MACs can do way more...
Just my two cents.

But an Entour can't get you to that type of beam spread, unless you drop a gobo in it. And 4 Entours would cost about $8 - 10K in the U.S. right now.

30 kg is about 60#. That's slightly more than one Entour.

Not that I don't like the Entour. It's my fave 250w fixture. But there's a time and a place for everything.

And I for one would rather have two Entours than 4 moving ACLs... Just my two cents.

Yep OK ... but it is about time and place ... and I don't reckon that the CS-4 is meant to be an alternative to the Entour ... just another fixture to achieve a certain look.

In a perfect world, I'd love to have access to both of them!

Craig

Most definately...the look that a bank of 4 ACLs gives you is quite unique when you look at beam spread, shape, and intensity. Having the ability to reposition those beams throughout a show is something I've always wanted to do remotely.

That correct, a time and place. I love the Entour, there are lots of great things that movers can do. But there are also certain things looks that only an ACL can give you. That's the beauty of this fixture. Its not something I would necessary purchase and expect to use on my stage every day, but it would be great to rent for some one offs or bring on for a tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back