narrowing down 20 techs to 4

Since the OP is in "Mexico",

It's slang in some of our Northern states to refer to Victoria disdainfully as 'Mexico' due to it being down south. For those in the Northern Hemisphere, in Oz south is cooler, north is warmer ie. as you head toward the equator... so the analogy falls down a bit. :-\

Hello It is actually a mixture, as I move into the more senior levels of school (VCE) I cant keep doing so much tech.
So you are a student, training students?
Does your school have a person in charge of the Technical setups? I do get concerned hearing of this sort of thing, as safety is usually one of the things that gets overlooked. :-(

"So you are a student, training students"
Yes I am. we have a teacher who runs all the drama and tech related stuff however he often delegates everything to me (eg. I just came back from the city to buy some leads) I don't think he knows ow any of our new roadcase gear works and he views me as the head tech who designs shows and runs them the only time he acctually does tech related work is when I get him to help role cables. safety isn't to serious (as in safety is my top priority, but we don't use fly systems or rails. everything runs from road cases at ground level)

Calwalker you seem to have the right attitude and you have found the right place to help you. Just keep the questions coming and we'll help you. I've been teaching beginning tech classes to high school and college students for about 12 years now and I'm happy to help you. Let me recomend my favorite book to use for teaching beginners. "Technical Theater for Non-technical People". I use it as the text for my basic intro to tech theater classes. You could also use it as a resource to guide your teaching. It's fun and easy to read, and nice covers all the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's slang in some of our Northern states to refer to Victoria disdainfully as 'Mexico' due to it being down south. For those in the Northern Hemisphere, in Oz south is cooler, north is warmer ie. as you head toward the equator... so the analogy falls down a bit. :-\

The analogy has nothing to do with climate and everything to do with being "south of the border". We digress.

I'm and advocate of getting all the help to help with a gig. Very quickly you'll weed out the ones you don't want, those that aren't willing to say pick up a mic stand and carry it make narrowing the list easier than you expect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back