need help with chauvet

mrmaiden

i am new to this forum so lets see if this works i have two chauvet intimidators and i seem to have them working with my lighting board but we...the band..would like them to mirror each other instead of doing exactly the same thing.....i know it must be a simple setting but i cant seem to find the answer anywhere else....any help would be much appreciated thanks

If you indeed have the board controling them it is a simple matter of changing the address of on of the lights. If they are both doing the same thing then the DMX address is the same for both. Simply move the numbers on the second to a number above the first. I don't know how many addresses that light takes so I can't tell you the offset, but suppose they take 6 channels, then assign the second one at seven or eight.

Many of the Chauvet units have an X/Y invert setting callable on the unit menu. This may or may not help you as the inverted setting may be too extreme and leave you out of the perimeter of your staging. You may want to try it anyhow and mount the fixture in a different way. It is very primitive, but if you are lucky enough for it to work, then it makes your programing a bit easier especially if you are doing things on the fly.

Last edited:
Inverting pan and/or tilt is possible. That function may also be available from your controller, either in a per cue setting or in a default fixture setting. Personally, I'd do it per cue, because there will always be some situation where you don't want that to happen.

What console are you using to control the Chauvets? As Les said, you might be able to just use the console and we may be able to tell you how or if it's possible from here.

hey i appreciate all the feedback allready......im using a eurolight lc2412 controller and im pretty sure that the lights take up six channels...allthough the first channel doesnt do anything that i can see......

hey i appreciate all the feedback allready......im using a eurolight lc2412 controller and im pretty sure that the lights take up six channels...allthough the first channel doesnt do anything that i can see......

The Eurolight cannot invert the pan or tilt, but depending on what version of Intimidator you have, you could invert pan or tilt from the fixture.

With an Intimidator Spot 250,
To set the pan to inverting or non-inverting:
1) Press the <MENU/ESC>.
2) Select the desired option by using the <UP> and/or <DOWN> button to navigate through the
display until you reach “3-Pan”.
2) Press the <ENTER> button.
Note: you may select “Normal” using the <UP and/or <DOWN buttons and press the <ENTER> button for non-inverting; or, you may select “Reverse” for inverting.

To set the tilt to inverting or non-inverting:
1) Press the <MENU/ESC>.
2) Select the desired option by using the <UP> and/or <DOWN> button to navigate through the display until you reach “4-Tilt”.
2) Press the <ENTER> button.
Note: you may select “Normal” using the <UP> and/or <DOWN> buttons and press the <ENTER>
button for non-inverting; or, you may select “Reverse” for inverting.

sorry for the wrong info the lights that im trying to fix are insignia ch610 by chauvet......

Ok. The insignias can't invert the pan or tilt either.

The best thing to do, would be to probably move the second insignia to a set of channels that aren't being used, and control them separately.

Say the insignias were at channel 1-5 now, I would make the second now be at 6-10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back