New fixture choices

Would I use these for orchestras though ?. No. I don't think the white, even in color corrected mode is as nice as what you get out of an incandescent or a Selador 7 color system, which I demo'd and was impressed with. Personal choice though and a demo will let you decide.

Have you seen the XBs? We did a little side by side comparison with the originals at my venue and the XBs have a faar superior white, even when just turning the fixture on.

the Martin rep has come and gone. Had a look at the quantum wash and profile, aura xb and rush zoom par. If we hadn't already bought some b-eyes k10 the aura would have done a similar job although I prefer the b eyes.....

The quantum profile was very impressive, super bright, CMY colour mixing. Half the price of a robe DL7S and I would have gone for them but the shutters in a DL7S might just swing it. We have the DL4S and the shutters are fantastic. The DL7S will be situated as high side 'slip' lighting. Giving extra FOG wash and also colouring the audience/stalls area for conference/awards/exhibitions etc.

The quantum washes were the highlight, fantastic units, super bright 10-60 zoom range. Quiet also. We have spec'd for 16 - 6 FOH, two spreads of 6 O/H. Also 6 additional robe DL4S for stage truss, 6 more b-eye k10 (12 total to replace pars) 12 etc colorsource pars with cyc and zoom lenses. And finally 6 robe dl7s.

Our grandMA ultralight arrived last week in the middle of a busy run so haven't used in anger as of yet.

Thanks for all the input :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back