Automated Fixtures Obey 70 and FCB1010

jake23703

To run down the usual suspects:

I have the midi channel set to 16 on both units.
The FCB1010 is sending midi note commands that correspond to the scenes that I have programmed.
All cables are connected correctly.
I've tried every mode on the Obey 70 that I can think of.
I've used the search function for this board and couldn't find the answer in the numerous midi/DMX threads.
I sent Chauvet an email, but am not holding my breath.

I have been using a Chauvet DMX-55 with a Behringer FCB1010 for about five years without issue. My DMX-55 recently started showing signs of failure after being tossed around the band trailer for years. So purchased an Obey 70 and since it appears to have the same midi control format as the 55, I assumed that I could just program the 70, connect up the midi pedal and go to work.

I just finished programming the 70 and verifying all scenes by running though them via manual input on the scene buttons. When I connect the FCB1010, it doesn't work correctly. I've tried the Obey in Auto, manual, music and all of the above with the midi button pushed. I have the correct midi channel selected and the Obey responds to the midi note inputs in Auto/midi mode, but it only toggles the scenes. The instant the button is released on the FCB1010, it goes to blackout. When I got the DMX-55, that's what it did with midi commands when in Manual mode. Just as it was with the DMX-55, the Chauvet owner's manual is all but useless. Does the Obey 70 require a constant note signal to "hold" a scene active?

Thanks for any assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back