The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Putting effects on faders on an ETC ION

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by koimystic, Jan 22, 2009.

1. koimystic

koimystic Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to put an effect onto a fader on an ETC Ion? I found a shortcut to doing it by making separate cue lists then putting one cue with that effect on the cue and then assign it to a fader by hitting both bump buttons at the same time. It just doesn't seem to work that well... it is quite confusing to use them during a live concert. Lol. Thanks!

2. beachcombah15

beachcombah15 Member

I have heard that this ability is soon to come in the next update coming out sometme in march!

3. beachcombah15

beachcombah15 Member

4. koimystic

koimystic Member

5. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

I suspect it will do something like:

from Expression_3_v3.1_User_Manual.pdf
    ;)

Useful for finding a particular channel, and similar to what many consoles term "highlight," which I think is also on the list.

6. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

The ETC Users Forum has many posts about this very subject, including many useful work-arounds .

Forums - Electronic Theatre Controls

SB

7. thommyboy

thommyboy Active Member

As of right now your method is the only on that will really work. According to Anne V (who finds her way around CB from time to time) the effects on subs will be a part of the 1.5 software. Expected in March.

Look here for the rest of the info LINK

8. koimystic

koimystic Member

Hello everyone, it has been a while! Does anyone know if/when version 1.5 is coming out? Or does version 1.4.5 actually contain this feature? Thanks!

9. beachcombah15

beachcombah15 Member

The latest word around here is that it will come out when it will come out... Possibly somewhere around the end of April. Effects on subs should most definitely be on there. Also it is my understanding that we should keep an eye out for the iRFR iphone app to come out sometime around 1.5's release

10. koimystic

koimystic Member

Ok thanks for the quick reply! That is awesome about the remote control! I have an iTouch, hopefully it'll work over WiFi. Thanks for the response. Marshall

11. beachcombah15

beachcombah15 Member

For the iRFR you will have to have your own closed wireless network dedicated to your Ion and the iPhone. The app is expected to run around $40-$50 or so...

12. highschooltech

highschooltech Active Member

Really looking forward to fx on subs without having to do all kinds of magic to get them to work as long as you remember to press the right button before you use the sub.